• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

WTB: Phenom II 2-4 core + mobo (virtualization host)

jamori

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 15, 2005
Messages
208
I'm looking to put together a computer for my brother; he's expressed interest lately in playing with a virtualized setup and the phenom II's seem to be good for doing that inexpensively.

Any phenom II + mobo setup could probably work; it would be ideal if the motherboard were on this list of having vmdirectpath support (which is mostly the Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5), but anything on this list of general ESXi support should be good as well.

It looked like most of the intel virtualization setups were quite a bit more expensive, but if I overlooked something and your intel setup has at least VT-x (and ideally VT-d) support, don't hesitate to let me know!

I've got some RAM laying around I could use, but if you've got some RAM you want to get rid of too let me know.
 
Last edited:
I have an MSI 790X-G45 and a Phenom II X4 945 (125W Model) with 8GB of Kingston HyperX (4GB 1333 and 4GB of 1600 I think) that I could get rid of. PM me if you are interested and we can work out a deal.
 
Back
Top