WTB PC Parts

Hey [H]! I have been away from the PC world for a while, so a little out of touch on parts/prices.

My youngest son has a birthday coming up soon, and his brother and sister never let him play on their PC's, so I guess it's that time to build him one too.

I am looking for the whole deal, except a hard drive. Nothing top end, just a decent tower that can handle minecraft, and a couple of FPS games on low settings w/o burning up :p

My budget is around $350 total, so let's see if you guys can help me out! Shipping would be to Texas 78941 - Flatonia, (yes it's as bad as it sounds lol)

Motherboard
CPU
RAM
GPU
Case
PSU (decent quality one here)
DVD Burner
Keyboard/Mouse (nothing fancy, he will be 6)
Monitor (Maybe if budget allows?)

Let me know what you have and what you would take, can PM me!

Thanks for looking!

Here's a gratuitous collage of the little guy (maybe tug some heart strings for brownie points, or cheap parts?? :D )

48rf.png

Last edited:
I have a gigabyte 780G m-atx board with a AMD 915 Phenom quad core cpu and 3x1 gig ddr2 800 for $100 shipped.

+ XFX HD5850 for 225 shipped.

I have heatware under slats

I have an E7400 and E8400, some DDR2, maybe a graphics card and a cheap case. Could include a SATA or IDE DVD burner, too. You'd need a board, HDD and PSU, plus your monitor and KB&M...

Last edited:
I have 2 little boys and had the same issue......picked up some older PC cheap for them, and have a couple to spare.

Pentium 4 or Pentium D, comeplete PCs.
Both have PCI-E slots, and I have a 3870 or 9800GT I can toss in.

These could be a fast way to get up and running while putting something else together.

I also have a i3-2120, Asus P8P67 and some 2GB sticks of ram as well.

LMK

I have several SK939 dual-core setups that I need to part with.
Will make you a great offer to see them go to a good home.

Have a Dell Optiplex 320 that I just put a near new Optiplex 745 motherboard along with a Core 2 Duo e6300 with 4gb DDR2 ram. It is a complete running system however I can pull the hard drive if you would like. It currently has a Western Digital VRaptor 10,000 rpm 150gb drive. Also has an LG DVD burner. This would be equipped with a OEM Alienware GT640 video card that has DVI, HDMI, and Display port out.

This would include a basic Logitech keyboard/mouse set. Optical mouse of course. I can include a 23" HP 1920 x 1080 LCD monitor.

The shipping alone for all of this will be close to $100! I could do all of it for your budget price shipped.

Currently I am running Linux Ubuntu 13.10 on this system but if you needed I could delete that off the hard drive, providing you did want the hard drive included.

If your interested shoot me a PM and I can/will take pictures of the tower/keyboard/mouse/monitor.

Thanks for all the posts people! I have a lot to sift through and read, will try and get to everyone as I can. I forgot to mention I won't be able to buy anything until the 15th, but that's only a week away :p

Back