WTB/Parts for Charity Build

Nuts4GTS

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, I am scratching the request for a S754 board as I went ahead and bit the bullet on AM2 4000+ setup from the Egg today....may have a 3000+ and ThermalTake Silent Boost HSF to offer up later...really hoping to do this charity upgrade from an old 440BX Intel chipset w/o completely reloading OS...I imagine any basic S478 DDR Intel board with Celly or lower end P4 would probably fit the bill.

So as to the charity box planned in the next month or so, here are the parts I already have:

Case + PSU
CDR-W + floppy drive
Monitor
Keyboard + Mouse
DDR RAM
GeForce FX5200 64MB AGP

Hoping to find the following parts on the cheap:

ATX S478 P4 mobo + CPU/HSF + NIC + onboard sound (preferably Intel chipset w/1.6-2.4Ghz Celly or such)
Windows XP Home

The following stuff needs a new home...perhaps there is someone out in [H]-land who can use it. Anyhoo, on to the list:

1 x Gigabyte GA-K8VT800M A64 S754 mobo(caveat: failed BIOS flash), $10
1 x $40 GC to Office Depot, $30

Box o' spare parts, $12
2 x Trident Blade 9880 2X AGP 8MB videocards
1 x Visiontek AccelGraphics 2X 8MB videocard
1 x Atech 56K PCI modem
1 x Linksys LNE100TX 10/100 PCI NIC
1 x 3Com Etherlink III 3C509 ISA NIC
1 x Creative Labs CT2940 ISA soundcard

All prices include standard First Class shipping. Paypal preferred. Will add additional items as I find them.

Items needed in trade:

1) PCIe Nvidia board with at least 128MB RAM (looking to couple with MSI AM2 board I just ordered on Newegg....GF 6200 or so?)

BTW, I do have a $40 Office Depot GC I can offer up in trade for any parts that may be offered here....c'mon folks, this is a charity build so please bear in mind when you shoot me email and or pms on offers. Thanks!

~Nuts

if you cant find a copy of windows i reccomend linux mint or pclinuxos for people who arent used to linux. just a thought

I would be interested if you had a CPU to include...it appears you sold off the two in your thread on Anandtech:(

cganesh75, ygpm.

BTW, I am in need of a Via-based mATX S754 board to replace Gigabyte K8VT800M that I just borked in a failed BIOS flash:mad::(

4-8x AGP videocard

Is this rig gonna run games or utilities?

I have several 4X AGP cards, 32Mb, that I could offer up for dirt cheap (barely more than shipping). Also some 16Mb and 8Mb AGP's (not sure of speeds) that could be had for cost of shipping (or less).

Back