WTB: Old stuff - 72 pin SIMMS, ISA Sound card

Discussion in 'For Sale / Trade' started by AlphaFox, Feb 28, 2019.

1. AlphaFox

AlphaFox Limp Gawd

I recently obtained an old 486-DX (compaq prolinea 4/33) and am planning on messing around with it for some old games like doom and stuff, just for fun. the machine has 4 slots for ram with 1x4MB stick installed, I would like to get it up to 16MB if possible. It takes 70ns 72 pin SIMMS.

theres no sound in this system so looking for an old ISA sound blaster card for those sweet sweet DOS sounds ;P

If you have any items like this let me know! thanks for looking!

SamirD likes this.
  2. Fastvan67

Fastvan67 [H]ard|Gawd

If you had a PCI slot (rare in 486) I have a SoundBlaster

3. SamirD

SamirD 2[H]4U

What is the compaq part number on the existing SIMM?

4. Engr62

Engr62 Limp Gawd

I'll check when I get home tonight for a sound card. I found a couple of my old super socket 7 computers squirreled away in the corner of a closet last weekend. One of them was an AMD K6-450+ and the other a regular K6-450. If they had sound cards, they were more than likely of the ISA variety.

SamirD likes this.
  5. Engr62

Engr62 Limp Gawd

This is what I found. It's some kind of Logitech sound card.

isa sound card.jpg

AlphaFox and mvmiller12 like this.
  6. mvmiller12

mvmiller12 Gawd

I have a fair chunk of stuff from that era, including ISA SB compatible soundcards. Shit, I might even have a genuine SB16...

Engr62 - that is a Pro Audio Spectrum sound card.

Engr62 likes this.
  7. dexvx

dexvx [H]ard|Gawd

Ah, the Media Vision Pro Audio Spectrum, good card before the whole Sound Blaster compatible thing blew up. Still worth a little bit of $.

I think the holy grail sound card of that era would be a Gravis Ultrasound, high end Turtle Beach, or Sound Blaster 2/Pro.

8. AlphaFox

AlphaFox Limp Gawd

I ended up just ordering a card and some ram on ebay for $30, ill let you know how it goes or if I need something different. thanks!

9. Engr62

Engr62 Limp Gawd

(y) Sounds good. On to the trash for the Pro Audio Spectrum.

10. AlphaFox

AlphaFox Limp Gawd

If you throw it out you will regret it. maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday. ;) at least thats what I have always found, especially when your wife likes to throw anything away thats been sitting idle for more than 10 minutes..

11. eclypse

eclypse 2[H]4U

I dont toss my old pc stuff! I have boxes and boxes of stuff that la very fun going threw every few years.

Pro tip: do yourself a favor and check ebay for prices on something your gona toss before you do! And that goes for old boxed pc games as well!

12. travm

travm Limp Gawd

Top of my list of shit I wish I didn't toss,
    Voodoo 3 3500 tvout.
    Got divorced 10 years ago and purged a lot of stuff (including an ISA sound Laster card). Every couple years something comes up where I go "wish I still had that"

AlphaFox likes this.