WTB: Old laptop for a router project

bob

2[H]4U
My current P100 with 24MB of ram seems to have died on me. External keyboard refuses to work on the PS2 port, I tossed the original internal keyboard weeks ago... its boned.

Ive had an offer from a forum member on a partially busted PII, for 50 plus shipping. Looking to route internet on a 10Mb connection (2-4Mbs actual throughput). Goal is to run monowall, or a full linux distro. If anyone thinks they have an old crapper laptop they would like to donate, or sell for a reasonable price, post with what you have and what money you are looking to get out of it.

Requirements: Must be partially in-tact, at least 100Mhz and 64MB of ram with a hard drive of some sort. If the screen is busted, it must be able to run off an external monitor. Must have a PS2 keyboard port in the back, and two PCMCIA slots. A power adapter/wall-wort for it isnt necessary, but I must see proof that the thing actually works prior to. Doesnt need to have a floppy drive, or cdrom drive. As long as it has a hard drive of at least 200MB. In any condition, even if its case is busted apart... If the thing can power up and boot to dos, Its just what im looking for.

I apreciate any offers, since Im starting to get desperate for a decent linux router. Price? Looking for under 50.00 (donation offers accepted).

Also up for trade/part trade : bag-full of ram , mostly old, one stick of 256MB PC100. May be of interest to anyone working with older PCs. 8 sticks of 16MB, 15 other sticks I cant remember.

I've got an NEC Pentium 90mhz, 40mb ram, around 800mb HD. Win 95 loaded. Case and screen are in excellent condition

It's a little under your specs, but would you be interested?

Back