WTB: Old Flagship GPU - Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

buttons

2[H]4U
04/26 - update. I got impatient and bought an XFX 280X off ebay for $135 shipped. More then i planned on spending for a 280x but oh well.

I recently helped my friend bring back his old gaming PC to life. While helping him out, I got kinda jealous. I am wanting to play with some old flagship hardware but i dont need it either. My relic games are all playing fine on an AMD Firepro W7000 that cost me $80 shipped. I REALLY REALLY wanted an AMD Fury but they are quite rare. I have looked at ebay prices and i know a few years ago i paid $200 for a used fury nitro. They are not getting any younger but i think they still look cool in my case while i surf hardforum, reddit, or maybe try to crack my DGB wallet (very unlikely) At this point, i have given up hope for a reasonable priced Fury, so i am going to open the options up a bit. Maybe a 780Ti, r9 anything, maybe 970. Id prefer to keep it newer then a geforce 600 / amd 6950. I want some case candy but it would be nice if it does well in SHA hashcat benchmarks.

If you have one collecting dust, let me know.

Clarification: Older but still useful flagship cards :) ideally something not profitable to mine ( less value but i can still use to light gaming and password cracking lab ) Will admit, BFG was the coolest gpu brand.

Previous deals completed: EVGA Geforce 680 2gb with waterblock 04/03/2021

Last edited:
hey i commented this somewhere else so i'll just copy paste:

hey man i have an amd 6950 which i flashed to be a 6970 and havent used it in forever lol. id sell you this thing for $65 shipped. but fyi it takes an 8 pin and a 6 pin power connector, but i'm guessing it could play your games? i see the scalpers selling these cards for around $150 for the 6970 version which this is flashed so it opened up those cores so its the 6970 version. i hate the scalpers. also i empathize with trying to get a gfx card for your kid, i have been in that boat for months now lol

also if you get at least decent cooling you can overclock those 1090t's to pretty fast speeds and they still work decently even today

hey i commented this somewhere else so i'll just copy paste:

hey man i have an amd 6950 which i flashed to be a 6970 and havent used it in forever lol. id sell you this thing for $65 shipped. but fyi it takes an 8 pin and a 6 pin power connector, but i'm guessing it could play your games? i see the scalpers selling these cards for around $150 for the 6970 version which this is flashed so it opened up those cores so its the 6970 version. i hate the scalpers. also i empathize with trying to get a gfx card for your kid, i have been in that boat for months now lol

also if you get at least decent cooling you can overclock those 1090t's to pretty fast speeds and they still work decently even today

Yeah, my kid does not deserve a graphics card. When we got his report card i pulled his 5700 and sold it on ebay. Ironic how rewarding his bad grades was for me :) His card sold in 4 minutes, so then i pulled graphics card from my rig and sold it too -- i ended up buying a W7000 firepro 4GB for $68 and honestly amazed it plays all my games just fine. world of warcraft on 1080p medium settings is getting 70-80fps. overwatch on high is around 100fps.

My friend Joe has a very dutch wife and doesnt even allow him to buy a $4 coffee unless its his birthday or some special occasion. Knowing whatever video card he ends up with probably just do some photo editing and look cool in the case we don't need to go hog wild with modern performance. We got a PM for a 680 with waterblock so that might be the hot ticket depending on if it can fly under dutch radar otherwise I think $65 does.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154400528368

I don’t know the seller, or even if it’s legit, but I bought one. Nvidia 1650 for $90 seems like a deal in this market.

eBay and PayPal buyer protection is strong if it’s not up and up.

I also saw this
Sapphire RX570 4GB for $66
https://www.ebay.com/itm/154400509681

I've seen this scam before and been a victim of it as well. I've found a number of tool deals on the bay that seemed too good to be true. I won, I paid, then I was refunded.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a matched pair of EVGA GTX680 FTW 4GB cards laying around collecting dust. They have blower type fans. Not quite as new as you're looking for, but SLI case candy. I can toss in a flex bridge if you need one. I originally bought them for a surround setup. Skyrim was glorious at 7680x1440 on 3 27" screens.

I have a 780TI just sitting in the closet. My Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury was pulled from being a benchwarmer when I sold my Vega 64 last year to prep for Big Navi. Boy was that a mistake since you can't buy one without a bot or paying scalper prices.

I have an old PowerColor 6950 w/box I’d let go cheap. Also have some really old GPUs lying around X1900XT, 9800 Pro, and a GTS 250 somewhere).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back