WTB: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5800 Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

erek

[H]F Junkie
I am looking to purchase a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5800 Ultra (preferably Reference Design). 325 USD Reasonable?

card4.jpg

Last edited:
Just curious, why do you want such an old card? Your collection?

I find it's story to be endearing how it was a failed product, and also I really appreciate the aesthetics of it. Also would be interested in an ATI Radeon HD 2900 (Reference Design) because of it having a 512-bit memory interface a supposedly poorly designed and or broken AA Resolve scenario :
"Forcing MSAA resolve to run on the shader hardware is less than desirable and degrades both pixel throughput and shader horsepower as opposed to implementing dedicated resolve hardware in the render back ends. "

Beyond3D - AMD R600 Architecture and GPU Analysis

14-195-044-02.jpg

The Voodoo 5 6000 seems to be unobtainable, but I was interested in it's HiNT bridge issue and other flaws:

3dfx Voodoo5 6000 & 5000 World Owner Lists, Reseach & What I did for the 3dfx communities. - EVGA Forums

(Hmm! supposedly Kyle Bennett owns a Non-functional Voodoo5 6000)

Bump
5900 ultra was the first GPU I bought. It was a bfg and loud as heck.

Last edited:
Reactions: erek
like this
i sold my prototype FX5800U for 250$ about 7? years ago...

it still has test header on it..

75$ is bit low..

i used to have a huge collection from RIVA1 and few odd stuff, like NV4A on mini-pci (original XBOX debuging card)

i sold my prototype FX5800U for 250$ about 7? years ago...

it still has test header on it..

75$ is bit low..

i used to have a huge collection from RIVA1 and few odd stuff, like NV4A on mini-pci (original XBOX debuging card)

Price updated, do you have any pics of that Prototype? Prototypes are even more fun... I really hate the game "Prototype" because it interferes a lot with search results :(

yea... good old day, on my at least has back bracket and test header+test connector... i been trying to dig up my old gallery somewhere...

it would be awesome to get a hold of any prototyping equipment like this socketed card:

WP_20160915_19_18_49_Pro.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back