WTB: Netgear CM600 Docsis 3.0

MaelstromOC

Limp Gawd
As title says, looking for a CM600 to replace our Charter-owned Arris modem. They seem to have nothing but Puma6 chipset modems to offer and I'm tired of having issues with our connection all the time.

Can pay with PayPal. Looking to spend $40-$45 if possible.

If you're having an issue with their modem, make them replace it. Unless you'll benefit from the lack of a monthly rental fee, but I don't see that on my accounts (I have 3).

Oh and I forgot to add--don't let the puma 6 thing scare you. I have two sb6190s running high speed connections (500/50 and 300/30) where any latency would be immediately noticeable (RDP sessions) and it's a non-issue. I personally think that whole issue was vastly blown out of proportion.

Hmm, I've noticed a lot of retransmits pretty consistently, which I know would happen if your connection is experiencing other issues as well. The last tech I spoke to, though, straight up said they saw nothing wrong (atm, of course...) nevermind the modem restarting multiple times a day.

I may try switching it out, it's just pretty frustrating. I didn't have the issue with my last modem, but when they gave us this one, it started. I think it just can't handle line fluctuations as well as the other could. My signal does seem a bit hot to me as well (upstream is like 48.5db and downstreams are all around -7 to -8ish, but they fluctuation from morning to night.)

Thank you for the information though, seriously.

Yeah, if it's signal issues that are causing other issues, let them fix that rather than having it covered up by a better modem.

That's one of the nice things about them having the responsibility of the entire pipe until it comes to an Ethernet jack to you--it's their problem. :D

True, except when you call and they say everything looks good on their end :( Which is what's happened time and time again. I see the latency spikes using ping plotter and they happen like clockwork.

Regardless, still looking for one!

I found a uk website (forgot the name) and they ping the connection so well and give you graphs that will reveal issues like that. And then you can take the graphs to them and tell them to fix it! It's worked for me in the past.

I'll keep my eye out if I see something on any of the forums I'm on. (y) There was one here that literally sold the day you posted. :dead:

Back