WTB: Mini PC (i.e. NUC) for HTPC

Aznboy1993

2[H]4U
I am looking for a NUC-like mini PC to use as a HTPC. It must support HD audio (DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD) bitstreaming (passthrough) and as such I am looking for a Core i3 or equivalent minimum (preferably a Broadwell or Skylake chip). I also need a mini-DP, DP (so I can run 4K@60Hz with the Club3D adapter) or HDMI 2.0. M.2 support would be nice too. This is solely going to be used for 1080p and 4K video viewing. No gaming.

My budget is around $300. I can work with it though. If you can bundle a SSD (~120GB or less), it would be nice! Please let me know what you all have. Thanks!

HEATWARE

Last edited:
I have a new 2.5L Skylake SFF with i5 quad, HD 530, M.2 SSD, and Windows 10. Custom build. $350

I have this. I would keep it if I could put a gaming card in it lol. But this computer is a damn beast though. I have a 250GB pny ssd, and 8gb memory. you would have to provide your own windows but this thing works great. It's its a tiny square box.

I ram and ssd I am willing to do 400 shipped. Let me know if this fits your need. I need to build an SFF gaming rig so looking to put the money towards that. Read up and see if it fits your needs, its got everything and little beast of a PC.

Apparently H wont let me post a direct link to amazon product. I will pm you.

Would it be audible in a quiet room when I am watching a movie say about 6 feet from it?

Back