Wtb: Many Celeron G4900

Cecil

Supreme [H]ardness
Burned out all of our test chips at work, and had to start using 8700s as it's all we had left. Then one of them was killed and boss wasn't happy. Looking to get quite a few g4900s or similar for cheap as possible. Usually burn out one to two a week in testing bad boards.

Ive got a couple 4900T processors, not sure if those would suit your needs

Wow, what in the world are you doing that you're killing off cpus like that? :eek: I wouldn't normally advocate cheap chinese crap, but I think this is the perfect application for that stuff (unless you need genuine part accuracy).

Best I could find was a lot of 100 of these for just over $3k, so just a hair over $30 shipped/ea. Still not cheap. :(
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-Of-100...971724&hash=item1cda0a01d0:g:J8gAAOSwahJdVbLd

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
They are being used to test returned motherboards, most of which are having the sockets replaced. Most of them end up like new but there is a few in every batch that have something wrong that ends up killing the processor.

They are being used to test returned motherboards, most of which are having the sockets replaced. Most of them end up like new but there is a few in every batch that have something wrong that ends up killing the processor.
Gotcha, so do those motherboards go through the repair process again?

And it looks like this is one area where US innovation is behind. These things seem like they would do the job much better:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-LGA115...ad-Fake-Load-with-LED-Indicator-/252518840782

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

I think money better invested would be on a custom test socket/interposer with over volt/over current protection. It would more than pay for itself if you're burning chips out at the rate you say you are.

I think money better invested would be on a custom test socket/interposer with over volt/over current protection. It would more than pay for itself if you're burning chips out at the rate you say you are.

We test them in to bios and windows with all memory slots filled and update BIOSes before selling them. And as long as they are retail samples and not tray processors we can rma them. But Intel just sends checks instead of processors back.

Or just someone with a magnifying glass and some expertise. I don't know what volume Cecil is dealing with, but I do this as a hobby and when I first started I blew up some CPUs. Now it has been over a year since I've blown one up.

This is not the appropriate forum for a discussion.

Back