wtb: mac (please note MUST include MacOS)

Mizugori

[H]ard|Gawd
looking to buy a mac, probably older b/c i can't afford to spend very much at the moment. hopefully just the body, i have an extra monitor. must have at least 1 gb hard drive and 64mb ram. also it must include a version of macOS.

thanks!

*edit whoops i suppose i need a mouse and keyboard too since all i have is PC stuff, and im pretty sure my stuff isn't cross-platform. nothing fancy necessary just to get the job done. thanks

I have a PowerMac 7300/200 sitting in my office. Has either 8.0 or 8.5 on it, and I have the keyboard, mouse, and modem with it. Along with a monitor and LaserWriter 2 printer. I'll fire it up tonight, and let you know what the size the HDD and RAM are.

What are you looking to spend?

really depends...shipping monitor is insane so unless you are close enough for me to pick up i will have to just buy an adaptor and use a spare pc monitor. how much were you thinking, and what are the specs? that model doesn't mean anything to me unfortunately

I've got a performa 6400 180MHz (overclocked to 220MHz). It has 136meg RAM (I forget how big HD is, probably 1.4gig or so) and a TV tuner and matching monitor. It's a nice system, but it would cost a ton to ship. If you're going to be in Philly at all, you could come and take it for free.

you can OC a mac???

i don't think i can drive it, 4.5 hours each way is a haul. would you be willing to ship it? definately want to talk to you about this

You just have to know how to solder (resistors). You can also replace the clock crystal to up the FSB. It was back in the glory days of OCing... (I'm on IM now)

Back