• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

WTB - LN2 / Dry Ice Pot - OCing Setup

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
2FA
Joined
May 18, 1997
Messages
58,442
We are wanting to do a proper review on the EVGA Classified board and would like to push it. Anyone got any of this setup for sale? Really I guess all we need is the pot, we can fab the rest ourselves.
 
yay.. [H]ardocp LN2 overclocking.. time to kill some processors.. :p
 
K|ngp|n's pots are pretty popular. You might try to get one of those.

Looking forward to the review.
 
Got an email back from Kingpin. He wanted 2X over the Koolance...$300 shipped.

I pinged him back and let him know I had already gone with the Koolance. He replied:

vince wrote:
> If you want to upgrade or anything in the future, let me know! Good luck
> with your benching..
>
> Vince

I responded:

Why would your system be an upgrade? Please tell me the advantages.
Thanks!

I asked because after looking at his and looking at the Koolance, I did not see much difference.

This was his reply:

I know the product you are referring too. I have made pots like this 2-3yrs ago. Like I said, good luck with it, let me know how it goes and maybe I will send you one of my pots to compare it too when you are ready. No promises though :).
Please link me to all of your best results with it.

Sorry bro, I am not spending $300 on "because I said so...."
 
And let me add - Looked around and could find nothing of issue to tell me he pot warrants 2X the cost for Dry Ice cooling. Maybe the swings produced by LN2 could be of issue, but we are not using LN2. His are pretty to look at though.
 
Oh well, gave it a shot. I guess he can't tell me what is better about his product. :(

I have plenty to add, but I see no reason to talk negatively about someone else's product to make mine seem better. My pots sell themselves based on the results and performance from ALOT of users all over the world. Go ask someone who already has one and knows how to use it with dry ice and Ln2 and has also used a pot similar to the koolance one.
 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqnZTOJpRm0


He will not be selling me a pot.

Yes, I understand there are design differences, but my question is WHAT ADVANTAGES doe those differences make and why should I pay 2X.
 
Break some records man!

Edit: From what I can see, the pot used in the hothardware link has a larger contact area than the Koolance pot, maybe twice as much if not more contact surface than the the Koolance pot. A sphere would have a surface area of 4*pi*r^2 so half a sphere would have a surface area of 2*pi*r^2. If this hemisphere is covered up, you would only have a surface area of a circle, pi*r^2.
 
Last edited:
Sorry about your experience, Kyle. I'm not really into or up on the benchmarking scene -- all I knew is that his parts were popular, so I thought you should take a look. I had no idea they carried that much of a premium.

Good luck with the benchmarking and review. I'm looking forward to reading it.
 
Hehe, no problem bro. Always good to look around.
 
Seems kinda lame that he couldn't give a real reason why his are better.


hell seems kinda lame that he wouldnt atleast give a discount to a popular review/overclocking site willing to give him some more publicity.. shame on him.. but oh well..
 
Obviously he is not too concerned about the "business" portion of his business. He only had one unit in stock anyway, so it is certainly a sideline for him. Damn Vince makes some pretty stuff though! Wow, knock your eyes out. He had some really nice things to say about Koolance as well and is hoping to do some nickel plating like them in the future.
 
Back
Top