WTB: Laptop / Notebook less then $400.

Shadowprice

2[H]4U
Search is back on for me. I'm seeking out a laptop for $400 or less, however, the cheaper the better. Requirements I'm looking for:

- 13" - 17" inches

- Must be in good condition, everything must be 100% fully functional. Nothing must be broken, cracked, missing. Screen must be flawless as possible.

- I would lean towards a business type model ie. latitude, thinkpad, probook... but I'll consider anything else

- Core 2 Duo processor or better

- Windows 7 only

- Must be quiet operation, not looking for loud fans or constant pounding hard drives. Something with a possible low storage SSD or hybrid drive would be awesome, but I know that is a lot of ask for the price point.

The laptop will be running internet, office, storing pictures, and watching occasional Netflix and youtube videos.

The budget is set around $400, the less the better, however, if there is a deal that is just too good to pass up, throw it my way.

Thanks all.

IBM T61? I got it for my boy and ended up getting him an upgrade later. I can get it to you for probably less than 1/4 of your budget. If you want to spend a little more I have a Lenovo B570 as well, albeit a bit more costly. i3 CPU, etc. Shoot me a PM if interested.

EDIT: Specs/info is in my FS thread: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1798807&highlight=

Last edited:
I was going to eBay this, but if your interested,
Lenovo Thinkpad T410. i5, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 250GB HDD, DVD RW 14" 1280x800 screen no flaws. good battery. Windows 7 Pro with COA, 300? PM if interested.

Lenovo
Thinkpad L520 (has the red center scroll which is awesome)
15 inch 1366x768
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
Intel i5 2520M 2.50GHz
4GB DDR3
Hitachi Travelstar 7200rpm 160gb hard drive

Price: $300 shipped

Let me know, can send pics, etc.

I've got a C2D HP business class laptop lying around. 15" 1680x1050ish resolution. Can get you more details if you're interested. Shipped with Vista though, so you'd need to get Win7. Let me know if you're interested and I'll get more details -- maybe around $200?

I appreciate the offers so far. Still taking a look but some being considered. Please reply or pm with any you have available.

Here's more info on my HP:
I've got a business class HP Compaq 6710b - 15" 1680x1050 display, T7300 2GHz, 2GB RAM, extended battery.

It shipped with Windows Vista, so if you wanted to buy something more modern I could knock $40 off if I can keep the Vista license.

Back