WTB laptop for the lady

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojo69

[H]F Junkie
Her old one finally shit the bed.

Don't need anything fancy, anything you guys have will be better than the antique Turion she had.

I have a lightly used Dell Latitude E5450 from my old job. They let me keep it but I didn't use it much since I had another laptop.

Dell Latitude E5450
Intel i5-5300U
1x 4GB DDR3 + 1 empty slot
500GB seagate hdd
Very little wear on battery life
Windows 10 Pro

Whats a price range you are looking at, would probably help so people know right off the rip if they are a good fit or now. Big difference between a $100 laptop and a $300 laptop. Just a thought, depending on the reply I may even have a hat to toss in here. Does she use it plugged in or does it need a few hours battery?

Thanks for the responses guys. PMs replied to.

She is quite familiar withe the surface (works in tech support at a school dist.) and is not fond of them.

Her old one had a completely dead battery, like, bump power connector and reboot dead. That was understandably annoying, but it's not like she is taking the thing to the park either. Enough battery to reliably move between receptacles I would say.

I think we are looking for something up to $200ish, depending on what it is, nothing fancy.

One other note, she is hoping for something kind of small, but she doesn't get to be too picky.

not sure if you're interested in a lenovo x220 for $190+shipping

model 4286CTO
i5 2410M CPU @ 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, IPS panel, Windows 10, stock 160gb hdd
i replaced the battery with a completely new genuine one from lenovo in 2016

it does have some minor imperfections:
1) top left corner of the laptop has a tiny chip < 1cm in length
2) the right shift key text is partially rubbed off
3) there is a small crack in the plastic surrounding the trackpad, not influencing daily use

images here: https://imgur.com/a/ZEE0J

Is a first gen i3 too old? Testing out one I've got in stock, I think it's a vostro 14 inch. I don't know where the power supply is right now but it's a normal we'll one so probably the most common one in the world. It hasn't been used in about 2 months and still has 98% on the battery, been on battery only for the last 25 minutes and holding strong so far. 500 GB HDD (I think it was new but I have to check) and 4 GB RAM.

That sound up your alley? Got Win 10 Pro on it. Needs a physical cleanup if so but let me know, running updates now if so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back