WTB : LAPTOP $300-400 BUDGET

gzervali2006

[H]ard|Gawd
Looking for a laptop with decent battery life in good condition. Looking to spend around $3-400.

Only going to be doing spreadsheets, web browsing, etc.

Does anyone have one they are looking to offload?

heatware - gzervali2006 (170-0-0)

I don't, but I recommend a used Thinkpad on eBay.
You can get one or two generation old i5 for dirt cheap, add another $60 for a OEM replacement battery, and you're all set.
If you search, you can find them with almost zero signs of use. Most likely a machine that sat docked at a desk. Thats how I got my X220 recently for $100, not a scratch on it.
The bonus is they're very easy to upgrade the RAM and HDD/SSD if you feel the need.

I've got a Dell 5490 that I bought from another person on this forum, it is still under warranty technically, but I don't think the warranty transferred. It'll be on the high end of what you're talking about but it comes with some nice accessories.Just got out of a work meeting where it was implied that we may go from having a server to test out things on, to "just run it on you laptop instead" Since my work laptop is a dual core macbook, I might need the dell for a littler longer.

Last edited:
On other thing, I have a thinkpad X230 and a thinkpad W530. I've probably killed the battery in both by using them as desktop replacements at work and home respectively, each has at least one non-trivial cosmetic issue, but at least the x230 is just a dent in the back, while the W530 I snagged one of the two latches on the top. catches and broke it's hook off. I'd be more inclined to let them go for the prices you mentioned, although I had planned to keep both, get rid of the Dell and replace the x230's battery.

I've got a Dell Latitude E7450 laptop listed in my FS thread.

PM sent.

Back