• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

WTB Intel 4770k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airbrushkid

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
2,576
Looking for a new 4770k. Just paid for one but the seller said it was missing. So I am looking for one again. Let me know what you got.

I do not want a non K 4770!!
 
Last edited:
lol missing seriously? More like he was offered more then his asking price so he backed out on you.

Bump for a fellow 4770K searcher. Maybe we will get lucky and a couple fellow [H] members who got in on the retail edge deal will pay it forward.
 
That's not the 4770k! Read the ad!!
BTW if you break down and no one offers one up I live about 30 minutes from the Plano MC.

They are like $293 and some change after tax (I would verify their tax rate there first We are 8% in Arlington but Plano is more snooty tooty so it's probably 8.25) plus about $5-7 shipping.

It's an option as long as I get money up front to purchase and ship it to you.

WTF! I just checked MC to see if it would give me the tax in the cart and WTF! They are back up to everyone elses retail price $369.99. That is a first.

They flat out went up on their processors! 3570K from $189.99---->$249.99 3770k from $269.99---->$359.99 Same with the 4770K The only higher end cpu that stayed the same is the 4670K at $189.99
Yet it is still instore only pricing for their cpus. How is that when it's not a deal anymore lol.
 
Last edited:
Newegg is at $319.99.
Would have still been cheaper from MC but for some reason for the first time they have their prices jacked way up.

I wonder if it's to lead into some Memorial Day sales or something. :confused:

4670K went up now also to $259.99

I don't get it lol. They have had processors at rock bottom in store pricing since at least 920's

Just checked the sale ad for 5/12-6-1 and the prices are normal on there $269.99 for the 4770K. They are just listing the processors online at their regular price. (The regular price that they have never sold them for)

So the option and invitation still stands for me to pick one up and ship it to you.

If you give me your zip I can pull up the actual shipping to you and I'll call them and find out what their tax rate is so I could give you a solid quote.

It's the route I'm going to go if no one hits me up on my WTB with a reasonable used price considering what a new one will cost me 30 minutes away.
 
Last edited:
YGPM



Would have still been cheaper from MC but for some reason for the first time they have their prices jacked way up.

I wonder if it's to lead into some Memorial Day sales or something. :confused:

4670K went up now also to $259.99

I don't get it lol. They have had processors at rock bottom in store pricing since at least 920's

Just checked the sale ad for 5/12-6-1 and the prices are normal on there $269.99 for the 4770K. They are just listing the processors online at their regular price. (The regular price that they have never sold them for)

So the option and invitation still stands for me to pick one up and ship it to you.

If you give me your zip I can pull up the actual shipping to you and I'll call them and find out what their tax rate is so I could give you a solid quote.

It's the route I'm going to go if no one hits me up on my WTB with a reasonable used price considering what a new one will cost me 30 minutes away.
 
I wonder if it's to lead into some Memorial Day sales or something. :confused:

Most likely. When I worked as a merchandiser for CompUSA it was really common for the entire store's prices to go up 11% a day or two before they had a "10% off everything" sale, or a computer that was about to go on sale would get a 30% increase before a "40% off" sale.
 
replied

They just marked up the price online their ad still shows the normal pricing. I don't get what the thought process was behind after years changing the listed price online. Hell the tools didn't even activate the ability to add them to the cart and ship them for the full retail pricing. So you can only buy them instore at the full retail pricing at what everyone else sells them for or more. (From what the website shows not counting the discounted amount in the ad) Makes no sense to me LOL.
 
Yea I was a tad upset they jacked their online price, I was going to have Staples price match it.

Looks like I will order from Newegg at $319, but they have been going between $299 and $339 all week.
 
The approved the price match for $268.69. My Microcenter is 180 miles from me, still had to eat VA tax but got free shipping to my house since the closest Staples is over 50 miles from me.

OP might want to look into this route also.
 
Do you know anybody that works retail? If so, you might be able to have them help you get one for very cheap from the Intel Retail Edge program.
 
The approved the price match for $268.69. My Microcenter is 180 miles from me, still had to eat VA tax but got free shipping to my house since the closest Staples is over 50 miles from me.

OP might want to look into this route also.

That is surprising seeing as it is in store only and that far away from you.
 
Did an online chat with them. $284.81 and that's with VA 6% sales tax. I truly miss Amazon not having a distribution center in Virginia. Might be worth a shot to the OP.

Code:
05/21/2014 05:29:42PM	xxxx: "I wanted to check to see if a price match is available for an item I want to order online. "
05/21/2014 05:30:12PM	Agent (Mike P.): "What item are you looking at price matching?"
05/21/2014 05:30:48PM	xxxx: "Item: IM1RD1373 Model: BXF80646I74770K"
05/21/2014 05:31:04PM	xxxx: "It is available locally at microcenter http://www.microcenter.com/product/413248/Core_i7_4770K_35GHz_Socket_LGA_1150_Boxed_Processor"
05/21/2014 05:32:40PM	Agent (Mike P.): "checking for the ability to price match"
05/21/2014 05:32:51PM	xxxx: "Ok thank you"
05/21/2014 05:34:01PM	Agent (Mike P.): "this is the matching item with microcenter http://www.staples.com/Intel-Core-i7-Quad-Core-i7-4770K-35-GHz-Desktop-Processor-Socket/product_IM1QX8539"
05/21/2014 05:34:56PM	Agent (Mike P.): "the price match has been approved with item number IM1QX8539, not the one you were looking at"
05/21/2014 05:35:30PM	xxxx: "Ok one second let me make sure that is the correct item."
05/21/2014 05:35:51PM	Agent (Mike P.): "That is the same item as per the UPC code"
05/21/2014 05:36:15PM	xxxx: "Ok UPC matches up?"
05/21/2014 05:36:27PM	Agent (Mike P.): "yes, just a different picture"
05/21/2014 05:36:56PM	xxxx: "Ok how do I use the price match? How do I complete the order?"
05/21/2014 05:37:29PM	Agent (Mike P.): "you finish your order, then give me the order number. i will then price match it"
05/21/2014 05:37:51PM	xxxx: "ok give me a minute to complete it"
05/21/2014 05:44:04PM	xxxx: "Almost done thanks for waiting"
05/21/2014 05:44:15PM	Agent (Mike P.): "not a problem"
05/21/2014 05:45:55PM	xxxx: "9709044746 is the order number"
05/21/2014 05:47:15PM	Agent (Mike P.): "processing it now"
05/21/2014 05:47:27PM	xxxx: "Thank You"
05/21/2014 05:49:35PM	Agent (Mike P.): "done, new total after the price match is $284.81"
 
Did an online chat with them. $284.81 and that's with VA 6% sales tax. I truly miss Amazon not having a distribution center in Virginia. Might be worth a shot to the OP.

Code:
05/21/2014 05:29:42PM	xxxx: "I wanted to check to see if a price match is available for an item I want to order online. "
05/21/2014 05:30:12PM	Agent (Mike P.): "What item are you looking at price matching?"
05/21/2014 05:30:48PM	xxxx: "Item: IM1RD1373 Model: BXF80646I74770K"
05/21/2014 05:31:04PM	xxxx: "It is available locally at microcenter http://www.microcenter.com/product/413248/Core_i7_4770K_35GHz_Socket_LGA_1150_Boxed_Processor"
05/21/2014 05:32:40PM	Agent (Mike P.): "checking for the ability to price match"
05/21/2014 05:32:51PM	xxxx: "Ok thank you"
05/21/2014 05:34:01PM	Agent (Mike P.): "this is the matching item with microcenter http://www.staples.com/Intel-Core-i7-Quad-Core-i7-4770K-35-GHz-Desktop-Processor-Socket/product_IM1QX8539"
05/21/2014 05:34:56PM	Agent (Mike P.): "the price match has been approved with item number IM1QX8539, not the one you were looking at"
05/21/2014 05:35:30PM	xxxx: "Ok one second let me make sure that is the correct item."
05/21/2014 05:35:51PM	Agent (Mike P.): "That is the same item as per the UPC code"
05/21/2014 05:36:15PM	xxxx: "Ok UPC matches up?"
05/21/2014 05:36:27PM	Agent (Mike P.): "yes, just a different picture"
05/21/2014 05:36:56PM	xxxx: "Ok how do I use the price match? How do I complete the order?"
05/21/2014 05:37:29PM	Agent (Mike P.): "you finish your order, then give me the order number. i will then price match it"
05/21/2014 05:37:51PM	xxxx: "ok give me a minute to complete it"
05/21/2014 05:44:04PM	xxxx: "Almost done thanks for waiting"
05/21/2014 05:44:15PM	Agent (Mike P.): "not a problem"
05/21/2014 05:45:55PM	xxxx: "9709044746 is the order number"
05/21/2014 05:47:15PM	Agent (Mike P.): "processing it now"
05/21/2014 05:47:27PM	xxxx: "Thank You"
05/21/2014 05:49:35PM	Agent (Mike P.): "done, new total after the price match is $284.81"

Damn if it comes down to me buying one retail (Since I'm looking and have my own wtb thread) I may just do this instead of matching at Frys (7-9 minutes away) or driving to MC (30 minutes away). This way I wouldn't have to deal with the idiots at Frys.

Is that free shipping or are you able to select pick up in store. DOH Just scrolled back and saw you got Free shipping. LOL Do they have a store pickup option?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top