WTB Good gaming microphone

Bloblike

n00b
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
26
I'm looking for a good standalone, non-desktop (perhaps clip-on) microphone. I've tried a USB Bluetooth adapter + Jawbone combo, but the sound quality is too muffled and I've been spoiled by the crisp sound that my old broken Logitech Precision Gaming Headset produced. I'm really trying to avoid the whole headset idea, since I prefer to game with my 5.1 speakers, plus the headphones get kinda hot during the summer time. I have an old Audigy 2 ZS sound card, but it works fine. Right now I just can't seem to find a good microphone for gaming purposes.

Any suggestions? I prefer bluetooth but if it doesn't exist, I'll settle for the traditional microphone.
 
I'm interested in this as well. Apparently, feedback and "echo" are more of a problem when trying to use a microphone with a surround sound setup. That was my experience, anyways. I think the microphone would need to be designed for use in noisy environments with some sort of decent noise cancelling.
 
Back
Top