WTB: Destiny 2 PC Code

Carbon_Le

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a 1080ti and want to buy destiny 2 code for PC. Please PM me. Thanks.

Crap weren't these locked to the hardware it came from or something like that by Nvidia? :(

Not really locked, they scan your system for the serial number of your gpu, as well as hardware inside. If it's the same hardware it would normally lock you out from redeeming if you've already redeemed in the past. If you take the card and put it in a different system, the hardware id's would be different for the overall system, so you could still redeem. It's a bit weird though, I redeemed the last bundle for for honor, and was still able to redeem destiny 2 for myself as well. Didn't really change any hardware, I did have a windows reinstall though, not sure what they limit the redemption by. It's a bit weird, that's for sure.

Not really locked, they scan your system for the serial number of your gpu, as well as hardware inside. If it's the same hardware it would normally lock you out from redeeming if you've already redeemed in the past. If you take the card and put it in a different system, the hardware id's would be different for the overall system, so you could still redeem. It's a bit weird though, I redeemed the last bundle for for honor, and was still able to redeem destiny 2 for myself as well. Didn't really change any hardware, I did have a windows reinstall though, not sure what they limit the redemption by. It's a bit weird, that's for sure.

so it will lock you out and not allow you to redeem the code if you don't have the correct GPU- in this case a 1080 or 1080Ti correct?...so if I try and redeem it with my GTX 1070 it will fail

Yeah I'm on a GTX 960 but if a cheap code exists, I'd definitely pay for it.

$60 is hard to swallow, let alone $90 with the expansion pass....

Honestly, I think $35-40 sounds fair.

You have to have the gpu to accommodate the redemption. If it states 1080 or 1080ti, you have to have one, otherwise it will say you don't meet the requirements. I miss the good old days when it was just a code and a website =*(.

Back