WTB: Desktop Speakers 2.0

Ryankirsch13

Limp Gawd
Looking for a 2.0 speaker set. Don't really have room for a woofer and don't need the extra bass. Looking for quality. My current speakers I picked up second hand are acting up (audio fluctuations) and I've determined it is the speakers as I cannot replicate it with any other speakers I have.
I'm currently looking at a set of Creative T40 series II. Before I drop the money, let me know what you have, trying to save a few bucks. Thanks!

Dayton Bookshelves ($30)
Lepai 20w amplifier ($25)
Power Adapter ($13)
Speaker Wire ($7)
3.5 to RCA Cable ($8)

This is going to total around $81, but if you have any spare bookshelves, speaker wire, or a 3.5 to RCA cable, the cost will be a little lower. If you want more of an all in one solution, M-Audio AV42. I had the AV40s a while back and gave them to my brother. I still regret that at times. The only reason I decided to get rid of them is because I wanted to upgrade to a receiver-based 3.1 system with some cheap towers. I eventually upgraded again to a 5.1 setup.

If you think you'll eventually want to do the 2.1/3.1/5.1 route, get the bookshelves (not necessarily those, though I'd think they'll be equal to or better than most "computer speakers") so you don't have to keep rebuying. If you know you'll stay with a 2.0 system, I'd look at near-field monitors.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks all for the responses. I do not want bookshelf speakers. I'm not an audiophile. I don't need best bang for the buck. Bookshelf speakers will not fit on my current desk. I have a set of bose companion 2 speakers right now and I can go a little bit bigger but that is it. I have nowhere to set an amp or larger speakers. I will look into the AV42's I've heard they are solid all in one speakers. Thanks again everyone!

Back