WTB Decent newish phone, Verizon or Xfinity (or unlocked I guess) for a 12 year old

Status
Not open for further replies.

project86

Limp Gawd
Looking to upgrade my kid's Moto G7 Power. Will be running on Xfinity Mobile so should be from them, or Verizon, or just unlocked if it has the proper Verizon bands. Doesn't need to be flagship status but looking for an appreciable upgrade over the G7 Power. Battery life is important - I have a few LG models laying around that work fine (G7, V30) but their battery is just not good enough.

If I buy something new it will be along the lines of a Moto One 5G or 5G Ace, perhaps a Samsung A42. That's the caliber of phone I'm looking for if it helps. Let me know what you've got, thanks.

I have an iphone 8 that I would sell you for $200. It was a Verizon phone, but should be unlocked. So it should work either way. I can post pics, if you are interested.

Sorry I should have been more clear - looking for Android phone only. I actually have an iPhone SE (2020) that Xfinity gave me for free (bill credits) but my daughter "hates iPhones"... though she loves her iPad. 12 year old kids are a mystery. Anyway she also finds the SE too small which is something I can agree with.

So I'm looking for something like an LG Velvet, Pixel 4a 5G, Moto Edge or One 5G or One Ace, or even a somewhat older phone like an S9+ or Note 9 if the condition is good. As you can tell from this list it should be around the 6.2" display size or a little larger.

That's a nice offer but I just realized I neglected to add "headphone jack" to my list of requirements. This is turning into a more difficult search than I anticipated.

That's a nice offer but I just realized I neglected to add "headphone jack" to my list of requirements. This is turning into a more difficult search than I anticipated.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000789984110.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.30a64c4dSjB07Q
Just get one of these. Has a headphone jack, sleek, works well. Battery life on mine is pretty decent but dropped off after about a year of use. Their newer models started adding the headphone jack back in but they still cost like $400 and up so I'm waiting for them to drop in price.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000789984110.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.30a64c4dSjB07Q
Just get one of these. Has a headphone jack, sleek, works well. Battery life on mine is pretty decent but dropped off after about a year of use. Their newer models started adding the headphone jack back in but they still cost like $400 and up so I'm waiting for them to drop in price.

Thanks, but I don't think that will work with Xfinity Mobile. I seem to recall the XZ1 Compact not working properly on Verizon, which is the network Xfinity uses. So I bet this would be the same result.

Sorry I should have been more clear - looking for Android phone only. I actually have an iPhone SE (2020) that Xfinity gave me for free (bill credits) but my daughter "hates iPhones"... though she loves her iPad. 12 year old kids are a mystery. Anyway she also finds the SE too small which is something I can agree with.

So I'm looking for something like an LG Velvet, Pixel 4a 5G, Moto Edge or One 5G or One Ace, or even a somewhat older phone like an S9+ or Note 9 if the condition is good. As you can tell from this list it should be around the 6.2" display size or a little larger.

Motorola - Moto G Stylus (2021) 128GB Memory

Seems good price and has headphone jack.

Cheaper by $100

Motorola - moto g7 plus 64GB (Unlocked) - Black

If that's an S9 Plus I am interested, regular S9 is a bit smaller than ideal.

Also bump for any other offers, appreciate everything I've received so far but haven't quite found the right match.

If that's an S9 Plus I am interested, regular S9 is a bit smaller than ideal.

Also bump for any other offers, appreciate everything I've received so far but haven't quite found the right match.
Just a regular S9 not a +. LMK if you are still interested.

Bump, would be interested in a Galaxy Note 9 or maybe even 10 if the price is right. Snapdragon versions rather than Exynos, of course.

If you are still interested in my S9 (non +), i'll toss in a wireless charger, and case (with screen protector)

Sorry, too small for the intended use. A Note 9 or 10 would be great if anyone has one kicking around.

I'll have my 3a xl up for $100 shipped.
Time for me to make a decision on my next provider and phone.

Bump, I was on board for that Pixel mentioned above but they stopped answering my messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back