WTB Core 2 Duo Mobile T7600

Yeah, I think it is the best one, the lappy in question has a T2450 in it, so I would consider something in between as well.

I have a T5750 that is yours for the cost of shipping if you want it. I pulled it out of a Gateway laptop that's hard drive died. If you want it shoot me a pm with your shipping information and I we can work something out.

According to the Intel ARK site, the T7600 and the P8600 support the same socket, and P8600 is Socket P. Are you sure your board does not support Socket P?

This is what I have.

This is what I am looking for.

This is a thread where folks suggested it should work.

Yes, I could certainly be mistaken. If so, I would love to hear about it.

weuntouchable, thank you for the offer, some chips seem to occur in both sockets, do you happen to know for sure which socket you have?

When I scanned through ARK it looked like the one you're looking for is the fastest on the 667 FSB. I personally have used some of the P series but those start at 800FSB.

Its been a few years since I messed with any of those.

FSB I think is the limitation if the current uses the 500

533, but yeah, what do you think is the best upgrade for me? Mobile Intel 945GM Express chipset.

Looked through my little collection of these -- all I've got is a T2250 and a T2400 :( sorry I can't help, man.

BTW -- same bin has a Celeron D SL96P and a pair of Opteron 2212s... Celly is a Dell pull, got the Opterons from ...someone on here... I forget (sorry, whoever you are!). Can't use any of them -- LMK if you can, I know you like older hardware sorta the way I do ;)

crap the laptops I have are T7500... if interested let me know. These were laptops with defective nvidia GPUs in them.

I was in the same situation with step father, he's upgrading his old dell laptop(Socket M) I looked around for a bit, noticed the T7600 socket M. Which is top of the line for that socket. It was a bit expensive. I looked for the next best options. Most of them were about 25-40 on ebay. Hes cheap so he wouldn't want to pay for that. Found out a Intel Core 2 Duo T5600 CPU 1.83GHz 2M 667 SL9SG would work. Its socket M, Got one on eBay for $10, they are always around that price. Best bang for your buck. Difference wouldn't be noticeable.

I was in the same situation with step father, he's upgrading his old dell laptop(Socket M) I looked around for a bit, noticed the T7600 socket M. Which is top of the line for that socket. It was a bit expensive. I looked for the next best options. Most of them were about 25-40 on ebay. Hes cheap so he wouldn't want to pay for that. Found out a Intel Core 2 Duo T5600 CPU 1.83GHz 2M 667 SL9SG would work. Its socket M, Got one on eBay for $10, they are always around that price. Best bang for your buck. Difference wouldn't be noticeable.

BANG!

THANK YOU!

that is the information I wanted

Joseph F, quality post, thank you as well

proving yet again why [H] is my favorite board

Got something better than the T5600.
Can do $16 shipped PP or Zon for a T7200.

Rocking the T7200, jalaj even included a little tube of MX2 and some alcohol wipes!

Windows detected new hardware...processor and made me reboot one time.

On this board it shows as 12 multi for 2GHz, though the chip is rated for 14 multi, A limitation of my chipset I am sure, of course the OEM lappy BIOS has no options.

I do , however get the advantage of twice the cache and core2 pipeline however. I have it folding a unit now and will report ppd when I have enough sample.

Thanks everyone.

Just FYI -- I use ArctiClean (I've heard it's TONS better than alcohol -- but I've never done a comparison) and eBay has real Shin Etsu for $5 or so now (not the Shen Zhen knockoff crap, the real thing) -- PM me for a link to the Shin Etsu on account of no eBay links in FST. That listing /should/ still be up...

Rocking the T7200, jalaj even included a little tube of MX2 and some alcohol wipes!

Windows detected new hardware...processor and made me reboot one time.

On this board it shows as 12 multi for 2GHz, though the chip is rated for 14 multi, A limitation of my chipset I am sure, of course the OEM lappy BIOS has no options.

I do , however get the advantage of twice the cache and core2 pipeline however. I have it folding a unit now and will report ppd when I have enough sample.

Thanks everyone.

The T7200 is 2ghz, so you are getting the right speed I think

system used to fold around 1200 ppd, now showing 1450ppd, 73C

so there you go

Back