WTB: Chieftec Dragon style case

My friends and I used these cases exclusively 10-15 years ago in our PC builds as teenagers. One of my friends passed away several years ago, and I've kept in touch with his parents. They need a new PC built and remember his oddly colored Chieftec cases. I'd like to surprise them with one - it would bring back some good memories.

I am not specific on color (though lime green or any other colorful variant preferred) and will take any of these cases I can get. Doesn't need to be Chieftec brand. I had an Antec clone at one time.

Please post if you have anything. Not looking for a charity case.

Where are you located? Shipping one of these might be pricey, especially the steel ones.

Tennessee. I may have found a vendor - sent an email tonight to see if it is really in stock. I know the shipping would probably be what the case is worth. Given that these have a personal value to me, I'm willing to buy up to three, one for buddy's parents build, one for my own use, one for storage. These were among the most functional cases I've found over the years.

Directron out of Texas used to sell them. I just went to their site but didn't see them listed anymore. I did see that Xoxide shows them in stock.

Let me know if you have any luck with the vendor and if not, maybe we can figure something out. I've held them all these years 'cause like you said, they are pretty functional...and housed my first builds, as well.

I'm in N.E. Florida. I have at least three of them. A couple of gray Antec(s) and an off-white Chieftec. Those are all steel, then I have a couple of "clones" that I can't remember the brand, but those are a light gray, almost pewter (may be silver...working off memory) and these are aluminum. Might even have a few more in storage that I'm overlooking right now.

I'm a bit too personally attached to my Koolance 650bk, but flipping through CL today I saw this

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/sop/5990686899.html

If you're interested we can figure something out for me to get it and ship it to you. I shipped a PC to a friend in Mi last year, it cost about $70 with $1k in insurance, so the $40 case I'd guess shipping would be 50-60.

Bump. Had one deal, but fell through. Have seen a few of these on eBay for well north of $120. I want to go cheaper. Lime green, blue, red, or any of the candy colors they had are preferred, but will do virtually any color at this point. Need at least two.

Hmmm, gave my dad my old one - I cut 3 80 mm holes in the top, and I believe it came with a window. Color is silver. He wants to get rid of it, I'll see what I can do.

One of the eBayers took $100 shipped to the door for a black full tower. I'd like at least one mid tower, preferably in candy colors!

Back