WTB: Cheap Graphics card for plex server

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is cheap.....I have a Radeon 5770 that I think needs a single 6 or 8 pin plug.

What is cheap.....I have a Radeon 5770 that I think needs a single 6 or 8 pin plug.

nothing crazy expensive since a monitor won't be connected to it full time. Just incase need to access windows / to setup initially. ..I have a 850 corsair psu in there that was running my 1070gtx prior so it should be powerful enough.

you are not using it for transcoding, you just want to be able to see the desktop if needed?

I have an ASUS 8400GS (this one, I think) that you can have if you pay shipping costs..

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I had one of these in my Plex Server running Windows 10, just used it like you plan on using it for setup.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-NVIDIA-Quadro-FX-580-512MB-GPU-Graphics-Card-Video-Card-DVI-DisplayPort/123690199352?epid=504915997&hash=item1ccc82a938:g:njAAAOSwohVcin5S&LH_BIN=1

It only has Display ports and a DVI port. if your monitor only has HDMI, you can just use a DVI to HDMI cable, like I am using in the pic below.

I currently use mine for testing purposes.
IMG_0849.JPEG

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a GTX 560 coming as part of a bundle I won you could have for shipping costs.

I love that all our PC work areas look the same bump
That 8400GS should do the trick

Had a gift card toi staples ended up getting a
VisionTek Radeon HD 5450 2GB, should suit me okay. thank you everyone for their replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back