WTB: Best Buy gift cards (or 360 ELITE w/ warranty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRSmurf

2[H]4U
My 360 bit the dust, so I'm going to go out and buy an "Elite."

That comes to $480 + service plan + tax.

I will buy gift cards at 80%. (And if you know of any way to get a discount at Best Buy, [ie if you work for best buy, can get a discount, and would like to help me in exchange for a fee], please make an offer.)

I chose Best Buy because they have the best repair program. (Bring in your busted console as many times as needed within two years of purchase, immediate exchange for a refurb.)

If you think I should buy elsewhere, please let me know.

I have a paypal confirmed address, two heat feedback (under transfer210 (at) gmail (dawt) com), and 162 feedback in eBay (arjjwolf).

Well just as a FYI..... I work at Best Buy part time (for the discount) but we get absolutely no discount on video game systems. Not even one cent. So you wouldnt save anything there. As for the service plan you would only save about %20. Now if you want some batteries lol I can get you a 48 pack of AA for about $2 hehe.

Oh and BUMP

Hey, I bought an Elite on Sunday from BB. My suggestion is to not get the Best Buy warranty unless you are really really needing it.

First off, you can get a two year warranty from Microsoft with repair at any of their approved centers (maybe even BB, not sure) for $49.50. That is $30 less than BB's 79.99 one they wanted to sell me.

Also, I have never seen Best Buy be "No questions asked" on their repairs. I used to work there and saw all their BS, and a friend of mine went through hell trying to get his iPod replaced. It took five tries over a year and a half of constant crappy repairs and issues before they finally game him a gift card for the cost of getting a new iPod.

When you buy the Elite, there is a form inside for the two year from them. I say just go with that, you save yourself $30, and the hassle of dealing with BB.

Thank you for your input, guys. Vulnox, I will buy the extended warranty through Microsoft.

I just purchased an Elite on eBay for $305 (NIB, console and box only)

This guy had a good idea to sell all the parts seperately, which is perfect for buyers with bricked consoles. (120gb hard drives sell for about 170, controller sells for over 40, power supply sells for over 50, etc) He can buy consoles at retail, and still make a profit through eBay. :rolleyes:

I guess that means I don't need those Best Buy gift cards, so this thread is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back