WTB-- 939 MoBO -- A64 3200+ -- Raptor -- 1 GB Value

intransit

n00b
939 Based Motherboard
I am looking for a mid-range 939 based PCI-e motherboard to go with a 6600GT PCI-e.

1GB Value RAM
From what I've been reading I don't see the need for high priced RAM. I've seen value stuff going for around $100 shipped on NewEgg, so I'd like to go below that.

3000+ or 3200+ A64
I could go with either of these bad boys, given availability and pricing. I will need a heatsink as well.

36 or 74GB Raptor
[Sold] Purchased 36GB Raptor for $85 shipped from antidumb over at Ars.

Thank you for looking.

anonymuse(at)gmREMOVEail.com

Free bump.

But honestly, with all the other high end stuff you are looking for, putting in generic RAM will be your bottleneck. Its like buying a 4 cylinder Ferrari.

Isol8ed said:
Free bump.

But honestly, with all the other high end stuff you are looking for, putting in generic RAM will be your bottleneck. Its like buying a 4 cylinder Ferrari.

+1 Value ram lmao hahaha invest in some Geil Pc4000 it's the best for $163 for a gig brand new from the Egg you can't beat that. 2.5-4-4-7 pretty good timings as well.

From what I consistently read, particularly this
thread, have lead me to believe that because of the integrated memory controller on the A64, timings and latency play a much smaller role in performance than before.

Ergo, it seems that paying 50% more for a smaller performance increase (at stock) is not worth it. I am always open to suggestions however, so thank you for your replies.

Perhaps this is food for thought if I ever decide to overclock.

3000+ or 3200+ A64
I could go with either of these bad boys, given availability and pricing. I will need a heatsink as well.

i just bought my 3200 from newegg for 190 shipped with a free shirt. cant really beat that with the warranty.

That is an excellent deal, but tell you the truth I have this pie in the sky idea that I'm going to get a 3000+ around $130 retail but used.

Thanks for the notice however, and I might take it if I don't get any offers.

I think I'm going to wait a few weeks for the new Venice chips to come out and push the Winny's down a bit. I'm still in the market for a NForce4 MoBo. There seems to be a sweet deal on an MSI for 137 at one of the big 3 sites.

I'll probably end up picking up some new RAM with the current value RAM fire sale.

Back