WTB 8800 GT Alpha Dog

jojo69

[H]F Junkie
I know, I'm crazy

just wanting to fool around with some SLI on the cheap and keep warm this winter

these come up from time to time for $10-$15 shipped so don't be thinking I'm stupid desperate or anything

Hey.. I still use a 8800GT in a computer as HTPC as it does 1920 x 1080 HD and plays Blu-Ray on Windows 8.1 and still does ok..

Hey.. I still use a 8800GT in a computer as HTPC as it does 1920 x 1080 HD and plays Blu-Ray on Windows 8.1 and still does ok..

oh, no doubt, landmark hardware for sure

I'm just going on the recent market on these, search here yourself

Used to have that very card... sold it for IIRC $50 right [H]ere tho, like a year ago. No idea any more who I sold it to or I'd shoot em a PM, see how it's doing ;)

wow, you did quite well Starhawk

I got the one I have off the freebies thread in April for medium flat rate shipping

The other 2 most recent ones that come up in [H] search went for $10 and $25

Ehhhhhhhh... it was a while ago. Tracked down the thread, I'd sold it for $40.

I'll PM you the guy's name but he hasn't logged in since June.

I have one that artifacts like crazy. Picked it up here for $10 2 years ago. Using it for a video card display on my pegboard hutch, where it sits beside an ATI 4870x2 and an Nv 6800 GT card.

GL with the search ! I looked for an eVGA 8800GTS KO ACS3 G80 640mb card for SLI for the past two years with no luck finding that very rare card.

you tried baking it Walkintarget?

Sure did. It was the first card I tried to bake. I had a Dell branded 8800GT that I tried as well, but neither responded well to baking. Oven was set at 385f and it was baked for 8 minutes, then left to cool for 2 hours.

Might be the famous vreg issue (I think that was those cards...) jojo, I bet you could handle a vreg replacement ;)

HEY HEY HEY, it's Saturday, party on the [H] forums yo

/does a brief entertaining break dance for thread attendees/

going to be off the forum for a bit, probably my last bump this month

Mine's not an Alpha Dog, but I do have an 8800GT that could use a good home. Let me know if you're interested - $15 shipped would be fine.

Back