• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

WTB: 775 Quad Core CPU

Dark Shade

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 2, 2006
Messages
1,872
Looking to purchase a 775 Quad Core CPU. I am looking to upgrade from my current dual core E5400 to something I can virtualize a few small VMs with. Xeons from that era would also be just as nice. I'm not looking to spend a LOT of money, so the extreme quads are out of the question unless you're looking to get rid of one. Something like a Q6600 would be just fine, but I won't limit myself to just that chip. It won't be overclocked at all, so keep your golden chips ;) Post here or MSG me what you have, and we can work out a deal.
 
Thanks for the offer, but I think it would be mostly wasted in a rather sterile environment of non-overclocking file serving and linux VMs, and the pricepoint is above what I can afford. I'm looking for something in the $50-$110 range, slightly more if the chip is worth it.
 
I think I found my processor, will close when the deal is complete, thanks everyone
 
Back
Top