Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Appreciated...Play 2230? 2280? looking up the SSD though, doesn't seem to be a DRAM based drive for either or...both be HMB based =*(. Sad panda.I've got a Lexar Play 4TB for $375. Gen4 with DRAM cache.
My apologies, I had confused it with another drive. It indeed is not DRAM based. Still a nice drive but not what you're lookign for.Appreciated...Play 2230? 2280? looking up the SSD though, doesn't seem to be a DRAM based drive for either or...both be HMB based =*(. Sad panda.
Please take no offense this, as I know internet text can obviously be misconstrued, but you shouldn't assume that someone is just looking for the best for no reason without understanding the context of the systems use. I mean yes, there are people out there who just want the best of the best and don't need it...lol. But as stated, this is a workstation...It's for VFX work/comping, full 3d production pipeline, Texturing, houdini simulations (main purpose), etc....Simulation time is massive and is all CPU based, hence 9950/X3d/X3D2 is ideal without needlessly going into threadripper range...The cpu choice isn't "insane" =P, it's literally perfect without splurging on threadripper. System is being built for someone who will be in a 3D generalist approach but will be working more on the VFX side (Houdini), but also needs VRam for GPU rendering as well as high res asset creation in substance, some AI dabbling, etc. Also at least 96gb of system ram as 3D in general just gobbles it up....Especially when you have to lean to CPU rendering if a scene is too large to fit in vram, as well as the insane amount of ram houdini simulations can take up.GPU wise, if they can "handle the age", going 3090 gets you a 5070 (more or less) and a 3090 Ti gets you a 5070 Ti (more or less). So, IMHO, the CPU choice is insane. IMHO, no sense going with the high end just because it exists. In fact, to save money, the friend could look for, again, if handling age is ok, a 7xxx, and it doesn't even have to be the highest end there either, but certainly you'll save hundreds vs the rare 9950x3d2. Up to them of course. It's like "I want the best", but this is all consumer parts... so, not really "the best" and while trying to target the best consumer CPU, it's top spot is short lived at best. Just not sure I'd throw that much money at it. With all that said, things are going to slow with regards to things coming out because nobody is buying. Right now, everyone is selling (trying to get the huge mark ups)... but eventually that will dry up and more and more people "hold" to weather the insanity, which doesn't show any signs of relief, not yet. Maybe post 2027??? But, the request does make it seem they have money to burn (?). While I don't foresee another 4x price increase over the next 6 mos. I do think it will go up a bit. So, if they must "buy now", sure, now is the time if you want to save money. Also realize that right now, we're in somewhat of a pickle with regards to QC, that is, warranties are faltering. You can't supply replacements if you (the vendor) can't get supply either. So, IMHO, the advantages of buying "brand new" isn't as appealing. What do I agree with? "assist in building them a workstation at the worst possible time"... yep.
Appreciated good sir! ^_^...All good. I'll keep you posted if I'm to included a secondary drive. Thanks!My apologies, I had confused it with another drive. It indeed is not DRAM based. Still a nice drive but not what you're lookign for.
Appreciated, but really looking for 5070ti tier performance and up. As someone who has used and built many 9070XT systems though, awesome card, and best value by far. As long as you don't need the Cuda ecosystem and don't really care for DLSS and can make due with FSR (which has gotten a lot better)...def make the switch.5060 ti 16 gb is a very good low power option for local AI, I may offload mine (thinking of switching my media rig to a 9070xt instead but on the fence) if you're interested.
Thanks, just going to be collecting a few parts and see how it goes, have a 270k+ sititng at MC (couldn't resist for $179 with a $40 360 mm AIO lol) I need to pickup, if I swap the 225f with it and the 5060 ti to 9070xt, my media pc will definitely not be low power anymore lol. GL with your search (I am almost tempted to sell my 5090 but naah that's like an appreciating bar of gold till later next year ...).Appreciated, but really looking for 5070ti tier performance and up. As someone who has used and built many 9070XT systems though, awesome card, and best value by far. As long as you don't need the Cuda ecosystem and don't really care for DLSS and can make due with FSR (which has gotten a lot better)...def make the switch.