WTB 4P G34 Setup (12-16 cores each)

JJ91284

Gawd
I'm looking to get a 4P G34 setup with a minimum of 12-16 cores per each processor. I'd also be interested in the ram, but I already have psu's and spare drives so I don't need any of those parts. If no ones selling, then I'll probably start piecing together a few setups. I'm looking into getting the best bang for the buck so as far as PPD is it better to piece say 3 total G34 systems with the 12 core processors, or better to go with 2 G34 systems with the 16 core processors each.

Thanks and happy folding

I'm looking to get a 4P G34 setup with a minimum of 12-16 cores per each processor. I'd also be interested in the ram, but I already have psu's and spare drives so I don't need any of those parts. If no ones selling, then I'll probably start piecing together a few setups. I'm looking into getting the best bang for the buck so as far as PPD is it better to piece say 3 total G34 systems with the 12 core processors, or better to go with 2 G34 systems with the 16 core processors each.

Thanks and happy folding

Would you have interest in a Dell C6145 system? (2x 4p G34 in a 2U rack). I currently have 4x 6172 and 4x 6128 installed....

Thanks and happy folding

The 3 -12 core 61xx MC will give you the most PPD but will also use more electricity than the others core for core. I do not know where tear is currently in the development of the OCNG bios for the IL and AD chips, hopefully he will stop by and give and idea of where he is with that, OCNG for IL and AD will most likely change the game a bit. ;)

Thanks everyone for the updates and the pm's. I'll be making a decision in the next 2 weeks or so on which way I want to go. I need to do a bunch of research and comparison to see how the older Magny Cours, Interlagos, and the newer Abu Dhabi. How do these G34 setups compare to the higher end Intel dual socket 2011 with E5-2695 12 core processor.

I figure most people lean towards the AMD G34 setup because its cheaper in general, but how does a 64 core G34 setup compare to the Intel 2011 dual E5-2695 24 core total?

Back