WTB: 3dfx Voodoo Cards

blade52x

2[H]4U
Since I can't buy modern $1500 GPUs, and since after 34 years I don't really know what the point of the universe or existence is really is I'm just going to do what I want and form a collection of these. I'm looking for cards WITH boxes in either sealed or pristine working condition. I will pay well if you anything you would like to sell to me. Again just to make clear: I'm looking for anything sealed or in pristine working condition, and that includes a box for display purposes in my man cave. Thanks!

Found:
  • Voodoo2 1000 PCI
  • Voodoo3 2000 PCI
  • Voodoo3 2000 AGP
  • Voodoo3 3000 PCI
  • Voodoo3 3500 TV AGP
  • Voodoo5 5500 AGP
  • Voodoo5 6000 AGP box
Looking for:
  • The rest of them
  • Voodoo5 6000 card

Last edited:
Good luck! I been looking for a decent priced one with box and I can't find one

Good luck! I been looking for a decent priced one with box and I can't find one

Didn't you know you were supposed to buy all of your collectibles BEFORE the worldwide pandemic? :wacky:

The 5500 AGP I got recently looked to be in a great condition, and it cost me nearly $750 (still waiting for it in the mail). That's way more than I was expecting or hoped for, but it seems like collectibles across the board have risen a lot this past year.

Didn't you know you were supposed to buy all of your collectibles BEFORE the worldwide pandemic? :wacky:

The 5500 AGP I got recently looked to be in a great condition, and it cost me nearly $750 (still waiting for it in the mail). That's way more than I was expecting or hoped for, but it seems like collectibles across the board have risen a lot this past year.

Make sure you recap it when you get it, it suffers from "shitty 90's electrolytics" syndrome. I think Voodoo3 and onwards all use SMD electrolytics and I've had to recap all of mine. If you don't, they'll leak electrolyte and eat PCB traces.

Make sure you recap it when you get it, it suffers from "shitty 90's electrolytics" syndrome. I think Voodoo3 and onwards all use SMD electrolytics and I've had to recap all of mine. If you don't, they'll leak electrolyte and eat PCB traces.
Is that the same with Voodoo 1's and Voodoo 2's? I think all of mine worked the last time I tested them, though it has been a few years now.

Is that the same with Voodoo 1's and Voodoo 2's? I think all of mine worked the last time I tested them, though it has been a few years now.

Voodoo1 and 2 cards used tantalums and/or ceramics. These can fail as well (especially "tantrum" capacitors), but it's far less common. If you have a tantalum explode on one of your cards, just replace it and keep trucking.

Trying to get in on the ground floor of GlideCoin? :D

I wish you luck with your search. In my many years of thrifting I was lucky enough to score a single Voodoo 2 12MB complete in box around 7 years ago but I'm not letting it go for the foreseeable future.

Trying to get in on the ground floor of GlideCoin? :D

I wish you luck with your search. In my many years of thrifting I was lucky enough to score a single Voodoo 2 12MB complete in box around 7 years ago but I'm not letting it go for the foreseeable future.

I've definitely got the nostalgia bug. But for me its more about wanting all of the Voodoo cards that my parents would never get me, so I can go back and finally experience some of those early titles with true 3D acceleration. I also want the original experience, so a retro build will be done.

And it will be a bonus to show these things to my son who is now 2 years old and beginning to take some interest in technology himself. :)

Where did erek go?!
Screenshot_20210522-082751.jpg
Something going on with the forum I guess.

Quoted wrong post :/

I've definitely got the nostalgia bug. But for me its more about wanting all of the Voodoo cards that my parents would never get me, so I can go back and finally experience some of those early titles with true 3D acceleration. I also want the original experience, so a retro build will be done.

And it will be a bonus to show these things to my son who is now 2 years old and beginning to take some interest in technology himself. :)
If you go the voodoo2 12mb route (and I highly suggest you do), you'll get to experience how the games were truly meant to be played. Then if you get a second one and SLI it in, you'll understand why I kept doing dual GPU's until far too long, trying to chase down that first pure SLI feeling of bolting on double the performance. You'll feel ALIVE.

It was never the same after that first SLI hit, and it got pretty dirty towards the end with the crossfire R9 290's DECREASING performance vs. a single card in Battlefield One. It was then that I knew I had a problem. I sold my 290s, shamefully got rid of my two Radeon HD 6970's, even looked deep in my soul and let go of the dual nvidia 8800GTS's, I knew they couldn't make me happy anymore. Things had changed, I just couldn't expect the performance increase I had loved and then NEEDED to have.

So now I live a normal life as a single card owner, not as thrilling of course, but without the highs and lows I used to experience in my fps from game to game. I take every day as it comes now, just watching the fixit feeds for my turn to snag an RTX 3-Series and maybe log in and check on my shopblt order status (it never updates, but it's fun to dream right). And life is... better.

My name is Jon, and I'm a recovering SLI addict and I am 5 years single GPU today.

My first experience with SLI/CF was awful (HD6850 x2). The micro stutter was so bad. I remember 45fps in CF feeling worse than 25-30fps in single card mode. Nvidia was better when I did it with OG Titans in that it felt better when I played, but the scaling wasn't great. Since my first experiences with multi-GPU weren't very good, I was spared the addiction.

The SLI experience with Voodoo cards was great because rendering was simple: without shader programs to complexify scene construction, each card could render every other line of pixels cleanly and without issue for each frame. Barring bottlenecks from triangle throughout or running out of local storage or the like, there was very little to impede linear scaling. There was no alternating frame rendering or concerns about scheduling for optimal smoothness - the cards worked akimbo on every frame rendered. It's not possible to replicate that now, but for a fleeting little while it was very nice.

(free bump)

Last edited:
i have 1 3dfx voodoo 3 2000 16 meg AGP with box, i think and driver cd too , may have slight mar on heatsink when i put a fan on it with 1 bolt on heatsink used an old Pentium fan and a single screw in my old win 95 p 3 300 system
1 3dfx voodoo 3 3000 16 meg AGP card no box ..but yes working card last time i booted my old win 95 P 3 600 system
1 non working STB voodoo 2 black magic card PCI ,,never found drivers for it ... and no box or accessories card may be doa ...gotta be honest and no SLI cable 12 meg card ..card was pull years ago from an old system ..looked clean tho

1 voodoo 5 5500 AGP ..card worked fine last time i booted the win 98 system P3 933 a few yrs ago - no box ...bare card only

none have been overclocked and were used lightly for games only and some everyday PC use ..none are fucked up as far as i know other then the black magic card i never got working

will only sell as a bundle............ make me decent offer ..i may part with em

also give me time to pull the cards as yep they are buried in my dust free storage room, and in systems last time i booted them were working fine

gimme a decent price i may chuck in a working PRE AMD /ATI 9500 PRO AGP < with this card i gave up my SLI dreams then bought an ATI 9700 pro ..yep that card is gone ..sold long ago to get a 9800 PRO that got sold to get an ATI X800 XL

yes looking for over $1000 for this collection ..as these cards may be hard to find now in the condition they are in

Last edited:
Cards alone go for quite a bit less than those with pristine boxes. For example there are a pair of used V2 1000 on Ebay right now going for over $350, likely just due to the boxes being in great condition.

Just looking for those with pristine boxes.

Progress:
voodoos.jpg

I remember plopping down $300 smackeroos for the first 3Dfx VooDoo 1, with a whopping 4MB of vRAM, the one that was an add in to existing video card and had the pass thru cable. Took some frustrating hours to make it work and tweak it, but when I got Gl Quake 2 running.....wow. First 3D and first online game at the same time. With the new skin and sound packs, I played as Cartman and everytime I took damage the soundpack would play Cartman's voice shouting "Godamnit don't shoot me!". When I stopped for a few seconds the animation would have Cartman put down his gun and break out a box of Cheesy Poofs and start munching :LOL: Sooo many good times were had with that card.

And then I upgraded to 2x VooDoo 2 12MB in SLI for Tribes 1 & 2, Battlezone, Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries, Descent 2........wheeeeeeeeeee:D

Bump - found a Voodoo3 2000 AGP! Still looking for more!

Crazy how you might be able to buy a brand new one soon, lol.

Aside from the 3dfx Interactive Twitter rumor, I did once read that it may actually be economically feasible for a company to dig up a batch of unused VSA-100 chips and actually manufacture the card and retail it for a nice chunk, like this guy did: https://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/147447-3dfx-voodoo-5-6000-recreated-via-reverse-engineering/

Last edited:
Here ya go!

VooDoo3 3500 TV AGP
VooDoo5 5500 AGP
VooDoo5 5500 PCI

For sale, make an offer!

Attachments

• IMG_20211011_173337.jpg
    IMG_20211011_173337.jpg
    586.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211011_173427.jpg
    IMG_20211011_173427.jpg
    624.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211011_173621.jpg
    IMG_20211011_173621.jpg
    523.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211011_181501.jpg
    IMG_20211011_181501.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 1
Wow nice collection!!!

I wish I had the funds to start a collection like yours.

This thread will shred me through tears. I never knew these things carry value. I had voodoos and early geforce gfx both in pci and agp flavors. Variety of agp boards including asus dual socket ones. They have absolutely no value in the part of world where I live so these are mostly thrown away in trash.

But I did lived the time and it still feels like yesterday. Nostalgia is bliss.

Goodluck with the findings bro. Blessings
I found a voodoo2 in a thrift store for $1.99. The card was immaculate. The best shape I have ever seen. Sold it on eBay for $250 USD. Was up for less than an hour.

Not all cards carry this value though. I find early AMD cards don't, but early sound cards do. Sold a Yamaha ISA sound card for $75 USD from the same thrift store.

Back