WTB: Hercules 3D Prophet 4800 KYRO II SE

I am also looking for the Vega HoloCube

8304_09_amd-radeon-rx-vega-56-review-gtx-1070-killer.jpg

i noticed something odd today while scouring ebay... china is counterfeiting 3dfx cards. they are being sold as used with usually right around a 269$ buy it now for a v5 5500 and i have seen some v4 4500 cards on there. they are hard to spot but the easiest thing to see is that they look new. also they use ram chips that were not ever mounted on the originals and there are a few other things that are very subtly different.

this is kind of cool, and kind of sad all at the same time. i like the thought of a new reproduction v5 5500, but they are being sold as originals and that will devalue the real ones, unless enough info gets out to make people aware.

Good luck. I used to work with a guy who "said" he worked at STB/3dfx and he "had" a V5-6000 with power brick. Asked for pictures, never saw one.

Personally I had a Monster Voodoo 1, Creative Voodoo 2, then 3dfx 2000, 3000, and my last was a 5500. I sold it a long long long long time ago and got a GF3 and it wasn't nearly as smooth as the 5500... but it had drivers.

Oh and by the way, your WTB arcane hardware thread is doing 1000x better than my WTB Amiga 1200 thread. I gave up on that one.

Back