WTB: ~$250 Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend that is looking for a 'decent' laptop...he's not looking to spend more than $250.

Lemme know what you have...

NO netbooks
NO 12in screens
NO P4 era chips!

Last edited:
Is there a way to do this so I can keep my phone number? If so -- I have 2 lines on VZW, unlimited data and 750 mins.

Someone on here was just selling theirs the other day, did you happen to see that?

Is there a way to do this so I can keep my phone number? If so -- I have 2 lines on VZW, unlimited data and 750 mins.

I'm pretty sure you can. I haven't really looked into it too deep yet.

Someone on here was just selling theirs the other day, did you happen to see that?

I did..I need unlimited texting and adding that to his setup was going to be about $160 (for that I can get unlimited text/calling and 4GB shared data).

I'm trying to get the best deal I can for the money.

Shit.. well if I knew I could have done that, I would have gotten rid of mine earlier lol.

haha, So I assume you don't have one up for grabs right now? ^_^

I'm not looking for a full 2yr agreement b/c I'm not sure how the coverage is. I did find out yesterday that they have a 14-day return period though ($35 restocking fee if you get a phone though). I'm trying to hold off on doing anything just yet b/c someone might hook me up with their 'unlimited data' option. ^_^

haha, So I assume you don't have one up for grabs right now? ^_^

I'm not looking for a full 2yr agreement b/c I'm not sure how the coverage is. I did find out yesterday that they have a 14-day return period though ($35 restocking fee if you get a phone though). I'm trying to hold off on doing anything just yet b/c someone might hook me up with their 'unlimited data' option. ^_^

Yeah, I got rid of Verizon last...December I think. That was when I ported the last number out. Only one line had unlimited data, the rest were flip phones, but at that time, I think you could have kept it. We were actually on an old Alltel plan... stupid Verizon.

Why not use tmobile? They have a sick deal that's basically unlimited everything for 2 lines for 100 bucks. (I think it's + tax but still its a great deal!)

Take a look into it :)

EDIT: And it's contract-less (if that's a word) meaning you can cancel whenever you please :)

Dell Latitude D630? $200 shipped.
Lenovo ThinkPad T400?
I'd say the T400 14.1" would be the better of the two. For the $250 shipped price I could include a spare Lenovo battery and spare Lenovo ac adapter.

I have a pair of laptops for less then $250 each, and probably even less then $200 each, depending on where shipping is to and payment method.
(For $250, I may even be able to toss in a 2nd single core laptop :)

Both of the good ones are dual core, circa 2008 or so.
I gotta get the exact model numbers, but one is a Dell with a C2D, the other a Toshiba with a dual core Pentium. Dell came with XP, Toshiba with Vista basic.
I just got a few laptops to sell for a friend whose family has been upgrading, and was in the process of testing them.

PM me if interested, and let me know how much battery life you need, and if you need a burner or not.

this:
http://slickdeals.net/f/5001112-SUP...-Memory-500GB-Hard-Drive-W7-280-frys-8-3-B-M?

or this:
http://slickdeals.net/f/4989060-Gat...0GB-HD-Basic-Laptop-249-99-Target-Starts-8-5?

would be better than any used core2duo stuff you're likely to get offered. the cpu's in the above laptops are sandy bridge cores and are quite peppy for being such entry level chips.

I agree.......however, they are loss leader and limited quantities.
If you do snag one at $250, remember, $250 + 6% tax (where I live anyway is like $265)
That is why i am offering stuff under $200 even, possibly even multiple units ;)

Let's lock up this thread for now. Thanks to everyone who offered up. I might hit you guys up a little later as well b/c I need to upgrade the mother-in-law soon since her laptop died recently...she just does some Facebook games and general browsing so a peppy core2 would be fine for her. ^_^

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back