WT? and a double does of LOL, help please

cpuFAILURE

n00b
Every now and then, this happens:

desky.jpg

To get rid of it, i gotta reboot until its gone.

Can anyone explain how to rid of this?!?!?!?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

that sucks... I must admit, it's kinda funny looking though lol... I noticed in the picture all your desktop icons are aligned to the edge of that little window. Do they move when that happens? Or did you set them like that?

anyways, I've never seen anything like that before. but a good place to start on trying to fix it would be to update your graphics driver to the latest release. (what card are you using btw?) also, if I were you, I'd do a registry scan for invalid entries, update with the latest microsoft updates, ect, ect. Not sure if any of that would fix it directly, but it wouldn't hurt in trying to hunt down the problem.

I remember I used to get a graphical glitch sometimes, that sometimes when you opened a folder a really large white blank screen would show up, and it'd look like another folder was open. It'd be blank on the taskbar and you couldn't close it. All the latest updates for my card and windows took care of that one!

Good luck, let me know how it works out!

Originally posted by cpuFAILURE
I guess no one has seen this before?

well I havent, but then again I dont run XP either :p
that doesnt look to be a glich, more like a feature that occured with a key combination
try the windows key and aimlessly try other keys, to see if it will close again ( at least its something to try till a real answer shows up :p )

I assume you have RClicked it? for a popup menu?
like close toolbar?

PS even WTF is considered swearing in the thread title (something that isnt allowed) and is why it auto replaced the F

Originally posted by Ice Czar
that doesnt look to be a glich, more like a feature that occured with a key combination

Woah, I think you're right. I didn't notice it at first, but it says "Desktop" is the folder. It's as if his destop is being displayed as a folder, hence the icons being shifted and all.

I would definately go with Ice's advice and try to see if there was something that accidently enabled that!

Its not a graphic card issue, or driver.

Not sure how the heck it got there, and it goes away after i reboot a few times.

I cant drag anything over there at all. automatically snaps back.

this is so aggrevating, and sorry for the "double you tee eff" in the topic.

it stays

no matter what type of display arrangement i take, or resolution.

I have literally tried every option. Even my techs sped about an hour today fiddleing with it.

perplexed

That looks like active desktop in action. I know that with TweakUI you can remove the option to display the tab that controls it but it doesn't mean it can't come back on.

HTH.

Back