WSUS Question

Bonksnp

Supreme [H]ardness
Is there a way to manually "inject" patches into a WSUS server and then push them out?

Situation: Our WSUS server is pointed to another site (per regulation). :rolleyes: That site consistently has issues updating their own WSUS server. Usually when we need a specific patch we try and point our WSUS to the Microsoft site, download the patch, then repoint it back to the original site. The only problem is we are having bandwidth issues so we can get WSUS to download the patches manually when we point it to Microsoft. At least we think it's a bandwidth issue, but that's not the point. We can download the patches manually on our own machines, but what I'm wondering is, is if there is a way to take the patch we download on our own machines and somehow put it on the WSUS server and then push it.

Thanks for any help.

I am pretty sure that a WSUS server can only get patches from other WSUS servers.

It depends on your configuration. Most likley your server isa downstream server which sync's it metadata and update content from the up stream server. Unless your a WSUS admin you can't fix that. Plus with 2.0 (which i assume your on since 3.0 just left RC) I don't think you can switch roles between downstream and replica.

Back