WSGF Edition Display Mount!

-Sn1PeR-

2[H]4U
This thing looks freaking epic.
http://widescreengamingforum.com/news/announcing-wsgf-edition-multi-monitor-stand

-Integrated power distribution and surge protection for up to four monitors.

-Curved, five-segment monitor bar that allows for a truly parabolic curve in 3x1-P and 5x1-P. It also provides a smaller footprint for 3x1-L configurations.

-Tall pole to accommodate "one over three" monitor configuration.

- Two additional monitor pivots (for a total of five) for four and five monitor configurations.

- In a "one over three" configuration the top monitor tilts down for easier viewing.

I'm running a "one over three config" and will definitely be looking at this mount. I've been waiting for something like this.

Doesn't hold enough monitors for me, and I don't like that it is based on a single pole. 3 pole mounts are better as it is far more flexible, especially when using monitors of different sizes. You have a six-monitor video card, I'm surprised that you would be happy with a five-monitor mount. If AMD ever gets Eyefinity working on non-identical resolutions the number of PLP (portrait-landscape-portrait) setups will go thru the roof, and I'm not convinced the WSGF mount is good for that. A lot will depend on if it can take a 30".

I'm kind of surprised no one else is interested in this... A big screen over the top of an eyefinity config seems like a logical upgrade. I'm curious to see how big of a monitor is supported over the top.

Here I am thinking 4 monitors was [H]ard...

I can't speak for the rest of the [H]orde, but this is my idea of "[H]ard":

5980300624_8174be29bd_z.jpg

Or is that "make me [H]ard"? :D

I was going to drop my 3D Surround setup in favor of a 20x30x20, but with this news i'll probably end up keeping it and getting a 4th monitor for 1 over 3x1. I already have the stand and Ibrin has already stated that he is going to offer and "upgrade kit".

Wow, that's fantastic!

I remember way back when they were questioning what the users wanted on that thing.

And you are simply wanting something different than this type of mount rtangwai. This is made primarily for 5x1 Portrait Eyefinity.

The Tall poll is a fantastic idea.

Doesn't hold 5 x30"rs, so I'm not that interested. Once I tasted 30" glory, I couldn't help myself.

I haven't seen anyone do 5x30 portrait yet... That's an insane amount of pixels. Do post pics if you do this and figure out how to drive it.

Back