WRT54G troubles

Farva

Extremely [H]
I am running the most recent version DD-WRT on my Linksys WRT54G v4. For some reason, when I do a fresh install of an OS and they try to update it, I cannot. I can finally do updates when I go to a LAN party at some convention or a friend's house, but not mine, but after I do this somewhere else, I can then do updates at home. My question becomes, what is really causing this? Is my router causing this? How can you tell when your router is taking a dive?

protias said:
Modem -> Router -> Switch -> Computers
Try bypassing that switch when you update, Modem -> Router -> Computer doing the update and see if that works. I know dd-wrt reccomends you be directly connected via ethernet to the router when doing an update.

F4iGuy said:
Try bypassing that switch when you update, Modem -> Router -> Computer doing the update and see if that works. I know dd-wrt reccomends you be directly connected via ethernet to the router when doing an update.
I also had this problem when I was using the original firmware before I learned of DD-WRT. This leads me to believe it is something with the router itself. But I will try this tonight when I get home.

Back