WRT54G Needing IP Release/Renew Constantly

cmputrnrd4lif

Weaksauce
About a month ago, I started having trouble accessing the Internet. It would happen every day, at right around the same time. I'd still be able to access resources on my LAN, just nothing beyond. So I begain to put 2 and 2 together, and figured it had to be related to the WAN IP. My hypothesis is that the router would get hung up when the IP's lease was up. So, I started logging in to the router, and would release/renew the routers IP. This would immediately solve the problem, and I'd be on the Internet right away. Figured that alone proved my hypothesis true.

The problem isn't so bad lately, just once a week or so. Still annoying, though.

So am I the only person having this same exact problem? Is there any explanation behind it?

And just for reference, I have a very simple LAN. I have a cable modem which is connected directly to the WRT54G. 1 Computer connects directly to the router, while another connects wirelessly. I have Cox High Speed, and a dynamic IP.

Just now upgrading to v. 3.37.6. No mention in the notes about a fix for the problem I've been having.

Back