wrt45g.

gotta say, sveasoft's firmware F'in ROCKS.
this is an amazing router.

I've been using the latest publically available version, Firmware Version: Samadhi2 - v2.00.8.6sv and it is some serious stuff.

The cool part is that its Linux based and if you be sharp, you can mod it yourself. I'm not that sharp but I know this stuff is nice. It can do https to manage it on the inside/outside, it can do VPN and vary the power on the wireless.

Very, very cool! I can't recommend it enough.

Satori = Samadhi.

Definitely going to give this firmware a try. The existing one is weak. What the hell are they paying the Linksys coders? Peanuts?

linksys got the firmware from atheros or whoever made the hardware. they then paid some other company to modify it with the linksys web interface and such.

thank GOD its open source =D

Here's the link to the article on slashdot.org and I don't get it. WTF?

We took a brand new one out of the box and it absolutely did not exhibit any WAN weakness or vulnerability. We also tested my older v1.0 and it has no problems.

Can anyone make sense of this and why they'd disparage an excellent product?

http://slashdot.org/articles/04/06/03/0337205.shtml?tid=137&tid=193&tid=215

I still say the SVEASoft firmwares rock!

The article on Slashdot and the related vulnerability exists in the non-Sveasoft firmware - the firmware that ships with the unit is the software that is vulnerable.

pointdexterish said:
The article on Slashdot and the related vulnerability exists in the non-Sveasoft firmware - the firmware that ships with the unit is the software that is vulnerable.

We, literally, cut the shrink wrap and plopped down a brand new, never flashed, never configured router and, let me be clear, IT DID NOT EXHIBIT ANY VULNERABILITY.

Am I clear? We have several. It is part of the job to scan them periodically for weakness, vulnerability and/or unauthorized tampering. They all pass, all the time. My personal one is the only one with the "non-stock" code.

<edit>

Ah, I finally found some info that indicates that IF you disable the firewall, you are vulnerable. Can I get a DUH HU!

Once again, I can see no reason for the whole thing to have been on slashdot. It is a nonstarter.

i've wanted to get my hands on one of these, if just for anythign else, to play with the firmware..

i'll stick with my 4port non-wireless and WAP11 for now thou

Back