WRT-54G and Gaming Probs. Best Firmware To Use??????

Scroatdog

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello all.

I experienced the wireless dropouts with large file transfers. Eventually upgraded to the 4.50 one floating around with the high clock rate.

I've got one hard-wired desktop and one wireless Shuttle. First off, either one or the other can get on WinMx, but not both. I've got the TCP and UDP ports selected for both IP addresses, so that's not the issue. I'd like WinMx to work on both, but if only one works, I can just xfer files via the shared files.

The REAL issue is gaming. I play Joint Operations Typhoon Rising multiplayer. Seems like my connection is always horrible, with loads of lag and my player gets stuck all the time. Never did this before I had the router. I don't think any ports need to be open on this game, except if I were to play via LAN.

Question: what is THE BEST firmware out there I can use, 3rd party or not, doesn't matter. I want something for my WRT-54G v2.2 that will WORK.

I run Roadrunner, wireless security set to WPA TKIP.

Thanks in advance

I am a fan of the DD-WRT Firmware. Great stuff. That and Hyper-WRT work well.

I use the Sveasoft alchemy(sp) firmware and have no problems with WinMX. I don't game much but I haven't had a problem when I do game.

For the record, you will have to downgrade the firmware to 3.xx before you can go to an alt. firmware. Check out wrt54g.com

Back