• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Wrong SSL Cert?

ilemon

n00b
Joined
Jul 26, 2004
Messages
38
Anybody ever experience anything like this before? I run into weird problems like this when I bring my laptop to my dad's wifi. My phone will even give me a similar error with my exchange account. I did a tracert to google and a few pages and nothing looks fishy. The ISP is Time Warner. I don't know if it's something they are doing or what.

hdhZaU7.png
 
Maybe Time Warner or malware is redirecting Google searches through a different search engine. Try using non-Time Warner DNS servers to bypass this such as OpenDNS 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220 or Google DNS servers 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4.
 
Maybe Time Warner or malware is redirecting Google searches through a different search engine. Try using non-Time Warner DNS servers to bypass this such as OpenDNS 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220 or Google DNS servers 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4.

This was the fix. I don't think it's malware because it happens in Linux too. As soon as I wen to OpenDNS and Google as the backup, These weird problems went away.
 
Was the DNS hard coded in the router or assigned by dhcp?
I wonder if someone has tampered with his settings.
 
Was the DNS hard coded in the router or assigned by dhcp?
I wonder if someone has tampered with his settings.

That was one of the first thing I checked. It is DHCP from the ISP. If you mistype a URL, you are directed to some Time Warner portal.
 
Anybody ever experience anything like this before? I run into weird problems like this when I bring my laptop to my dad's wifi. My phone will even give me a similar error with my exchange account. I did a tracert to google and a few pages and nothing looks fishy. The ISP is Time Warner. I don't know if it's something they are doing or what.

hdhZaU7.png

Team viewer looks like its hijacking your session...
 
Back
Top