• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Wrong processor.

Taskism

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
71
I dont know if anyone remembers when I made the post about building a new pc using a pentium 4 3.75ghz proc I had, but Anyway I have all the parts put them together and it failed the CPU test, I called my dad asked him whats the deal on the proc, and the damn thing is a Xeon processor and wont work in this motherboard. Are Xeons server only? Or is there a motherboard I can get for it to build a pc for gaming? I might be able to get another one to get a duel xeon setup if its something that would work for gaming and whatnot
 
hahah damn iwish i knew your answere, i dont deal with intel, sorr and goodluck
 
Now how in the world did you fit a 604-pin Xeon into a 478-pin socket, or 775-pin LGA?
 
Yes it fits fine, but it wont boot with it. I get the CPU Test Failiure messege through the speakers.
 
Back
Top