Wrong item, need your help please

XacTactX

Supreme [H]ardness
This is the original thread where the person was selling the heatsink: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1732617

1.) The seller had posted one picture of the heatsink and was advertising it as a Thermaltake. I corrected the seller in Post #6 and stated that it's a Thermalright. The picture (which has been removed) was showing the broad side of the heatsink, it wasn't a great view but I thought that it's an Ultra-120 so I wrote that, trying to be helpful.

2.) Seller thanked me and changed the description. A few days later I messaged the seller and offered to buy it from him. Seller agreed so I paid him for it and he shipped it out.

3.) I received the package about one week later. In fact, this heatsink is NOT the Ultra-120, it is the Ultra-90, very different from what I had expected.

4.) I immediately contacted the seller about one hour after I received the package and told him that I got the wrong item. I explained to the seller that both of us have some responsibility for this accident because I tried to help identify the heatsink with only one picture, and the seller never followed up by researching his item to make sure that I am correct. Since the seller already paid to ship the item to me, I offered to pay for the return shipping cost and send the heatsink back to him.

5.) I have sent two messages explaining the information in #4. The seller has logged onto [H]ard|Forum either two or three times and has not responded to my messages. I forgot to save the messages so I can't show them but I sent one on 12-17 (right after I got the package) and another on 12-20.

So who do you think is in the right, who is in the wrong? Any advice?

MasterOfPupets said:
Hey,

I'm in Cleveland, Ohio.

I've got delivery confirmation for the package, but no tracking.
9534 6000 0367 2345 0003 17

XacTactX said:
Thank you, I'll leave you Heat when I get it. Does the package have tracking info by chance? I'd like the tracking number if it does. :)

MasterOfPupets said:
Shipped it out today. With it going all the way across the country (and the fact it's christmas shipping time) I'd expect it to arrive in a week to 10 days.

XacTactX said:
Great, I just sent you $20 :). Please ship this item to:

*Address removed*

MasterOfPupets said:
Correct. Everything pictured.

XacTactX said:
Before I pay I just want to make sure of what I'll be getting.

• Ultra-120 heatsink.
  • Socket 775 backplate, bracket, and spring-loaded screws.
  • 120mm fan.
  • 120mm fan clips.

Is that right?

MasterOfPupets said:
XacTactX said:
Hi there, I saw you are selling this as a bundle with a processor. I don't need the processor but I'd really like the HSF. If you ever decide to part out this bundle, I am offering $20 for the heatsink. I think this is a fair price since I paid $15 for the eXtreme version of this heatsink about one month ago.

My ZIP code is 91214 and I will pay by PP gift. If you aren't interested in my offer you don't have to respond. Thank you for your time and take care. :)

Sure, you can have it for 20. I just didn't list it separate since I didn't think people would be interested in an older HSF. Paypal address is *Removed*
I'll get it shipped out on monday.

Seems like you very plainly asked him to confirm it was the 120. You offering to pay return shipping seems quite fair through frankly for 20 bucks I'm not sure it's worth the hassle.

did you have a mod PM them? that will usually get someone to respond, sounds like you both are/will be reasonable once the communication is back. also figure in the holiday season, people like to browse still, but may not always be able to respond (i know i haven't figured out responding in the [H] android app). Good luck

If I told someone it was something and then purchased it. Then once it arrived, I would honestly just eat the $20 as it would have been my mistake. It seems he had no idea what it was and you told him it was a Ultra-120. But yet it was a Ultra-90 when it arrived.

It isn't a costly mistake. Just a learning mistake. For a $20 I would just leave it be as you called it wrong and he didn't know. So chalk it up as lesson learned. Thanks

Back