Wrong Fitting's? or bad luck.

JKownz

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought the Danger Den NV-78 Video Card Water Block nVidia 7800 with 3/8 barb fitting's.
I got this in a few day's ago and noticed that when I unscrewed the 1/2 barb fitting's off and tried to screw the 3/8 fitting's they couldn't screw on. The fitting's looked fine and looked almost exactly the same as the 1/2 fitting's. I just contacted Frozencpu.com ( where I bought it from ). Wondering if this has happened to anyone else?. Or do i just have bad luck i guess. Anyone know where I can buy new 3/8 fitting's by any chance?. Would be great for some link's :D Appreciated.

The newer DD stuff is probably BSPP threads and the barbs you got are probably NPT.

This might seem silly, but did you try to screw them back in dry? Try wetting the block and the barbs, often times they screw in much easier wet. All of this assumes thought that you don't have a BSPP/NPT mismatch as mentioned above...

EDIT: All previous statements are covered by a universal "so to speak" for all you juvenile delinquents out there with your minds in the gutter...

Called em up, TOld me that DD is making new fittings and it was a mix up.

that wouldn't surprise me coming from frozen cpu, as they sent me the wrong stuff before.
i just don't deal with em anymore.
i would just send an email to danger den and they should fix you up with the correct info on what fittings to get.

Old DD Hi-Flow fittings are 9/16" UNF fittings. New DD fittings are 1/4" BSPP.
The BSP fittings look like fuel line barbs - they have a ring around the top.
The UNF fittings look like a normal hose barb with only one barb - it's tapered.
Both threads are parralel, and seal with an O-Ring.

I jsut ran into this exact same problem with my watercooling setup. Danger Den, and FrozenCPU advertise their size fittings differently as far as 1/2, or 3/8's goes. I ended up buying a radiator, TDX, and maze 4 SLI blocks for my setup, with 1/2 ID fittings, and a pump with a 1/2 OD fittings...

Of course, stupid mistake, but frozen CPU was misleading about what size it actually took.

I ended up running down to Lowes, and picking up a new set of 3/8 barbs for all my water blocks and radiator, and screwing them in. I could sense there was a slight mismatch in size, and possible threading (I know the threaded end of the new barbs were about 3 or 4 mm longer then the DD barbs) but they fit well enough to go in without too much trouble.

I dont know how well the seal is, but I am going to try it tonight. If its leak free, then I would jsut do as I did, and get some fittings from the plumbing section at lowes or home depot.

I have bought a lot of stuff From frozen cpu and never had a problem. Everyone makes mistakes.

What realy gets agrevating is when you see measurements in tube OD size. Id doesn't freaking matter what the OD size of the tubing is!! Real easy to get it wrong when you accidentally get 1/2" od and 1/2" id stuff. Basically 1/2" od is probably 3/8" id.

Ive had issues with Frozen cpu. They wanted me to pay shipping to send a $10 part back because of a defect. It was a rather big part too. I like performance pcs, they try to correct problems as best they can.. and they leave no wire bare. :D

Back