Writing a mediawiki image uploader?

I just set up mediawiki for my group at work and I have been asked to move a bunch of documentation to it (currently residing in Word docs for the most part). Converting the text of a Word doc to wiki markup is easy, but I am not dealing with uploading each and every screenshot manually.

I figure that I will write an image uploader to just batch this for me, but I haven't the slightest idea where to start. The only example I found was in Perl, which I did not really understand. My preferred language for this is C# (though I've never used it). I can also use Java. Unfortunately, I can't count on having Python or Ruby on the Windows boxes that will be running the app.

Any suggestions/direction?

I'd think that, if you're doing a one-time import, installing python wouldn't be an issue. You're probably better off pushing data directly into the DB than working with HTTP.

You are quite correct sir. I'm glad that someone realized I was making things harder than they have to be. Another plus to this is that it will keep people from using my code maliciously to spam wikis.

Back