Write Speeds capped?! What the....

Could you please post a screenshot of crystaldiskinfo? It's available here: http://crystalmark.info/download/index-e.html
For maximum system tidyness get the portable one :D

Although, it'd be best to just Ockham razor the problem (eliminate all other factors) and either connect the drive to another system or run a live CD of a Linux distribution and test from there.

That's a lot of SMART red flags for such a relatively new drive. Read errors, retired blocks...
Reseat the wires first. Mobo side and drive side.

Well looks like I misread - you do have suspiciously many (HW corrected?) errors, but no retired blocks.

However you're kind of wasting time. Verify the drive by running the bench from a dfferent system and RMA it if it's still misbehaving.

Well looks like I misread - you do have suspiciously many (HW corrected?) errors, but no retired blocks.

However you're kind of wasting time. Verify the drive by running the bench from a dfferent system and RMA it if it's still misbehaving.

i feel its a cable issue because its not just writes that are fucked up. Look at the reads. They are changing in every test. If he isn't using the drive while running the test I would say it is a cable issue or should be the first thing to test.

I don't know why reads would change between tests unless something is working at the same time or its a bad cable.

EDIT: Disregard....he switched versions. So its not the same tests in the same spot.

Yeah I agree about the cables, suggested that in #6.
The other hunch I have is a bad buffer chip. Just like memtest - sometimes it'll work and sometimes not.
Lastly, botched BGA soldering of the controller.

Well, this device is in a laptop, so no cables that I know of to replace. Also, it's worked fine for a good long while before all this.

I'm checking with the mfg presently for a replacement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
CrystalDiskMark 5.0.2 (C) 2007-2015 hiyohiyo
Crystal Dew World : http://crystalmark.info/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* MB/s = 1,000,000 bytes/s [SATA/600 = 600,000,000 bytes/s]
* KB = 1000 bytes, KiB = 1024 bytes

Sequential Read (Q= 32,T= 1) : 215.972 MB/s
Sequential Write (Q= 32,T= 1) : 3.250 MB/s
Random Read 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 16.168 MB/s [ 3947.3 IOPS]
Random Write 4KiB (Q= 32,T= 1) : 1.157 MB/s [ 282.5 IOPS]
Sequential Read (T= 1) : 195.041 MB/s
Sequential Write (T= 1) : 6.081 MB/s
Random Read 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 12.737 MB/s [ 3109.6 IOPS]
Random Write 4KiB (Q= 1,T= 1) : 10.308 MB/s [ 2516.6 IOPS]

Test : 500 MiB [C: 59.2% (132.1/223.1 GiB)] (x1) [Interval=5 sec]
Date : 2015/08/21 9:00:38

That's a test run after I updated BIOS, Intel Chipset, and IRST drivers and a reboot.

Err base, we've got a discrepancy here between the errr retrieval and storage modules errr Romeo Mike Alfa Romeo Mike Alfa :D

Back