Wrath: Aeon of Ruin, a new quake 1 engine game from 3drealms

I guess I need to dig up my old 3dfx voodoo 1 card, to get in on some smooth glide action.

I guess I need to dig up my old 3dfx voodoo 1 card, to get in on some smooth glide action.

I know where my voodoo 2 i, need to find a mobo and CPU to plug it into though.

playing with a controller? wtf... otherwise looks kinda fun... wish they kept the same NIN sound effects but that's a nit-pick

Who'd a thunk? Best way to re-create that classic experience is to dust of the old engines. Ion Fury is going to turn out incredible and hopefully this follows suit.

I must of missed this game I like that its published by 3d realms those old engines are good but developers keep improving on the next game and it comes out a more forgettable game.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
One of those games that consumes you and doesn't use fancy graphics to just to make it look like a flashy painted game but does nothing for you inside.

Totally forgot about this game I even took it off my Wishlist for some reason.
Totally forgot about this game, and I even own it. It was on Humble Bundle a really long time ago, and I decided to wait until it's out of EA. Feb 23rd is enough time from now for me to forget about it again.

Totally forgot about this game, and I even own it. It was on Humble Bundle a really long time ago, and I decided to wait until it's out of EA. Feb 23rd is enough time from now for me to forget about it again.
I got into early access with this game and Graven. Both were underwhelming. Combat wasn’t bad or anything, and the high difficulties are a good challenge.

But, ultimately forgettable.

I tried for the 2nd time refunded it doesn't feel like Quake at all up close the graphics are pixelated nothing like Quake Open GL.
The placement and pace of stuff feels like every other Quake Knockoff except for maybe Wickland from 2015 that is the only game that felt good.

Hmm... looks interesting but the above comments do not exactly inspire confidence in a good adaptation of Quake. I was never much of a Quake I person as well, drab color pallet, very pixelated, weapon and monster models were pretty bad imo.. Quake II was my jam, such a big improvement over the first Quake. Q2 Lithium mod and CTF for days and nights.. That was my entire 1998 and 99! Lol.

I've played about an hour and a half of this so far. Like t1337duder, I'm pretty sure I got this in a Humble Bundle but it was in Early Access at the time and so I'm just now revisiting it.

I am liking it. Movement and combat feel good. Level design (so far) is nice and interwoven, dumping you back into familiar areas or seeing you past a blocked path. All weapons have an alt fire, and the Ruination Blade (melee weapon) has a nice little spear-dash move that thrusts forward into enemies and also gets you across big gaps and into secret areas.

Definitely intrigued enough to keep playing. So far it seems like one of the better boomer shooters, not part of the slop pile.

Back