WoW

SiliconValley

Limp Gawd
Okay I was a beta tester and a player in World of Warcraft since it was released all the way through about June at which point I quit. Part of the reason I quit was because of time constraints and part of it was because I just got tired of the whole thing. My main character was a lvl 55 paladin which added to my frustration since Paladins can grow rather boring over time (low DPS). My account is "frozen" according to blizzard's records when I try to login on their website. So does this mean that if I "reactivate" I can retrieve my characters? I'm thinking of getting back into the game because I sort of feel that MMORPG bug again but has much changed since I last played? (The honor system had been out for about a week or two when I last played and the battlegrounds were still in development.) Part of me wouldn't mind starting over fresh on a new realm (preferably a relatively new one) but on the other hand I'm not sure if I'm ready to start again from scratch because I feel like I'll be starting so far behind everyone. Is there still a fair amount of new players or is it almost entirely lvl 60 characters?

There's usually a steady stream of new characters levelling up, often alts of people with a level 60 character. This may make it easier to find competent groups when you're levelling. Of course you're going to find it easier to level on a PvE server...

As for reactivating your account, I believe that Blizzard say they will store your characters for "at least" 6 months after you stop paying. If you reactivate you should be able to access your Paladin.

As far as I know, your account will never lose the character it created. He should still be there waiting to be played.

the offical word is they will never delete the accounts or charters
u get baned your charter is still there
u cancle for 3 years and come back your charter is still there

only way to lose the charter is if blizzard shutsdown WoW

Thanks for all the replies. So are the new battlegrounds pretty fun? Are they setup so that lower lvl players can play too? I'm still probably going to create a new character so what class should I go with? I've played a hunter, mage, warlock and paladin but only the paladin was beyond lvl 30. Are rogues pretty fun? I probably will solo a bit but I also enjoy playing in groups sometimes.

Yeah, Warsong Gultch (CTF) has a level 10-19 BG, 20-29, etc up to 60.

Arathi Basin (Capture and hold) has 20-29, 30-39 etc

And Alterac Valley is either 50-60 or 51-60, I'm only 41 so I don't even care :p

If you're planning on joining the hardguild, we need priests, druids, mages and warriors last I heard, but no one is going to stop you from making a rogue or anything.

CreamySoupUSA said:
Yeah, Warsong Gultch (CTF) has a level 10-19 BG, 20-29, etc up to 60.

Arathi Basin (Capture and hold) has 20-29, 30-39 etc

And Alterac Valley is either 50-60 or 51-60, I'm only 41 so I don't even care :p

If you're planning on joining the hardguild, we need priests, druids, mages and warriors last I heard, but no one is going to stop you from making a rogue or anything.

Priest is a character I've never tried but often thought about. Maybe I'll make a priest. I still haven't decided if I'm going to reactivate my account or not though.

SiliconValley said:
Priest is a character I've never tried but often thought about. Maybe I'll make a priest. I still haven't decided if I'm going to reactivate my account or not though.

Getting the Priest through the early levels is torturous. They became PHENOMENAL as you invest in the Shadow tree. By the time they hit the mid 40s, a full Shadow priest is like a rogue with no down time.

Good news: your character is still there
Bad news: you still do jack for DPS, paladin is a defensive support healer

Paladins are insanely good in PvP BGs if played correctly. Of course, correctly means as a defensive support healer; whereas priests go down quickly, pallies can take a beating and keep healing, and usually get killed last. Cleanse is also extremely good in BGs, just spam your Decursive macro and you'll significantly improve your team's effectiveness.

You might be happier playing a rogue if you want to do DPS.

The 50-59 BGs are also pretty hard to get into, I think that's the least played level range of the BGs.

<-- 55 pally

Damn, I thought it was myself who wrote the first post. That's the exact same thing I went through. I also just came back and started playing. My original rogue had gotten seriously tedious to play because a) my guild wasn't large enough to raid MC by ourselves and b) no one would pick up a rogue to run MC when there were already 50 million of them.

Now I play a priest and I gotta say it's a lot of fun. I'm only up to 24, but I constantly get tells asking me to run instances and if I ever need help on a quest, people are much more likely to help me as a priest. I'm also getting back on with my rogue as a lot of my friends have leveled up to 60 and a lot of guilds have consolidated on my main server (Mannoroth). Plus running Onyxia and MC is pretty easy now that strats are obvious. Once I get my gear up to par I'll be heading back to PvP as that's the most fun part of the game as a rogue (two-shot the lonely priest FTW!!!).

the@ntipop said:
Damn, I thought it was myself who wrote the first post. That's the exact same thing I went through. I also just came back and started playing. My original rogue had gotten seriously tedious to play because a) my guild wasn't large enough to raid MC by ourselves and b) no one would pick up a rogue to run MC when there were already 50 million of them.

Now I play a priest and I gotta say it's a lot of fun. I'm only up to 24, but I constantly get tells asking me to run instances and if I ever need help on a quest, people are much more likely to help me as a priest. I'm also getting back on with my rogue as a lot of my friends have leveled up to 60 and a lot of guilds have consolidated on my main server (Mannoroth). Plus running Onyxia and MC is pretty easy now that strats are obvious. Once I get my gear up to par I'll be heading back to PvP as that's the most fun part of the game as a rogue (two-shot the lonely priest FTW!!!).

So I take it you're happy to be back playing WoW? I left partly because I was bored with my paladin and partly because I didn't have the energy/time to start over and grind a character back up to lvl 50+. I did, however, have a blast with my paladin as a defensive healer/small tank. I love the fact that paladins are survivors. Now I think I've spent enough time away that I wouldn't mind starting a new character over plus screwing around with my paladin some (after all, I never did do any of the high-end instances). Has the gear changed dramatically?

CrazyBernie said:
You'd have to have an active account to take advantage of the recruiting deal.

I actually meant is it possible to have a current player use their 10-day pass for me and then they would get credit if I become a subscriber again.

I deliberately chain sheep paladins with my mage. They simply take too long to go down. At the same time, they are the slow tank, unable to charge me or otherwise prevent me from kiting. They can be useful in PvP but don't play one if you want a thrill a minute experience.

I try to keep Blessing of Sacrifice on a teammate when there's a mage sheeping, that way sheep breaks if they take damage, but it only lasts 30 seconds.

Paladins can also always break sheep with DS but that's on a 5 min cooldown.

Thrill a minute? Probably not. I like the class aside from the annoyingly frequent rebuffing, where's my damned 3 hour buffs and MGB from EQ1?

What about a PvP realm or rn RP realm? I've only ever been on a PvE realm. How much different is the experience on a PvP server? How seriously do people take RP realms?

I don't know about RP realms, but PVP realms (the [H] guild is on a PVP realm) are way more exciting.

CreamySoupUSA said:
I don't know about RP realms, but PVP realms (the [H] guild is on a PVP realm) are way more exciting.

Does it make it hard to get certain things done in towns or is it impossible to do certain quests?

In my experience, PvP server = higher levels doing everything in their power to grief low level players. Sure, you might argue that's not particularily rewarding in terms of honor/items... but it really doesn't change the fact it happens. Quite a few players seem to get an immense thrill from griefing people even without challenge, perhaps as a power thing.

"How do you kill women and children?"
"Easy... you just don't lead them as much".

SiliconValley said:
Does it make it hard to get certain things done in towns or is it impossible to do certain quests?

No no no, not at all.

All the hometowns (IF/Org etc) and a few other places are Horde or alliance territory. If a horde is in ally territory, then he can not attack alliance unless they attack him first, also, he'll probably have about 10 guards chasing him too.

With the neutral towns like Booty Bay, every now and again there will be fighting there, but the goblins usually kill everyone that is fighting anyway.

The only time it sucks is when you're questing alone or something, and a level 60 starts killing and corpse camping you because he's bored, but then you just call in the guildies to help and he'll leave :D

CreamySoupUSA said:
No no no, not at all.

All the hometowns (IF/Org etc) and a few other places are Horde or alliance territory. If a horde is in ally territory, then he can not attack alliance unless they attack him first, also, he'll probably have about 10 guards chasing him too.

With the neutral towns like Booty Bay, every now and again there will be fighting there, but the goblins usually kill everyone that is fighting anyway.

The only time it sucks is when you're questing alone or something, and a level 60 starts killing and corpse camping you because he's bored, but then you just call in the guildies to help and he'll leave :D

I think maybe I'll have to give a PvP realm a try. I noticed on blizzard's website that there is a new PvP realm. Do you think it's better to make a new character on a relatively new PvP realm or go to an established one?

I don't think it'd matter that much, the low level ganking seems like it'd be more of a problem on a new server than an old one.

Like when all the people on the new server finally hit 40 and get their mounts, the might all head to the wetlands to kill all the level 20 alliance there and show off (yeah, that's what I did :D )

But if you do decide to start playing again, I've been kind of wanting to make an alt for a while, so if you join Stormscale we could level together or something.

SiliconValley said:
I think maybe I'll have to give a PvP realm a try. I noticed on blizzard's website that there is a new PvP realm. Do you think it's better to make a new character on a relatively new PvP realm or go to an established one?

Go and join the [H] guild so you at least get murdered less.

CreamySoupUSA said:
Who are you on teh [H] guild?

<---Zitz

I'm not, I play with friends from EQ on a different server (unfortunately as alliance, I prefer horde... but they just HAD to have their mangina night elf rogues ;) ).

yarly.jpg

well the next patch is focused on pallys, so u might wanna see what the notes are first if u wanna play your pally again.

SiliconValley said:

You usually don't ganked while doing quests, but you'll occasionally run into an asshole who just wants to grief someone. If you get a party of these people, you might as well spirit rez or just log.

Back