WOW Warlocks

Xenomaniac

[H]ard|Gawd
I just started a new char on WOW and I made him an undead warlock. He is now LVL 8 and so far, I love him (umm plutonic love of course *cough*). I was woundering if anybody can give me some tips on do's and don'ts for him.

Delete and make an orc warlock first of all, if you are playing on a pvp server. The natural stun resist orcs have is one of the best racial traits in game. Other then that I'm sure you can find some good guides in the WoW Warlock forums.

locks are cool. u get your own personal tank. plus they can put some major hurt at 60.

Unead ones have their advantages too. Will of the Forsaken is a good skill in both PvP and PvE.

However Orc warlocks are more rare in a class that's already underpopulated.

Orc Warlocks look damn cool with the warlock class set (The one with the helmet that makes it look like horns come out of your forehead)

Genocidal[v2] said:
Delete and make an orc warlock first of all, if you are playing on a pvp server. The natural stun resist orcs have is one of the best racial traits in game. Other then that I'm sure you can find some good guides in the WoW Warlock forums.

my first char ever was an orc warlock.. I enjoyed the spells and pets, but overall I felt he was too weak compared to other classes so I quit him

Techx said:
my first char ever was an orc warlock.. I enjoyed the spells and pets, but overall I felt he was too weak compared to other classes so I quit him
*Queue screenshot of warlock with 5200 crit shadowbolt.

The warlock is not a weak class at all, they definately take more skill then other classes though. The current high warlord on Arthas is a warlock.

Xenomaniac said:
so the orc warlocks are better?

Depends on what you like more. If you like being able to dispell certain spells when the cooldown is up, or having a nice chance to avoid stuns.

I play an orc rogue and I love the stun resist, especially since most of my pvping involves rogues vs rogue fights. It gives me a huge advantage against them

locks can kick ass
and if you get a buddy to priest up, lock.priest teams are deadly

as far as prof goes, myself, I would say tailoring to make your own gear and skinning to make some money. you can sometimes make some nice BoE items for yourself and when you get that epic BoE tailoring recipe you'll probably drop whatever it is your doing to use it. :p

warlocks are a weak class, and they aren't. a very situational class, depending on having the right pet out, build, and situation. can be very powerful, or very gimped depending.

in a duel, they are king. with the right pet, right build, with a healthstone, etc they can take out almost anything 1v1 with ease.

group pvp is abit different. it depends alot on your build.. you can dish out alot of damage, but shamans/warriors/rogues/hunters can screw you up depending on the situation. warlocks are very lacking in escape spells, and if you can't seduce them for whatever reason (DoT on them, someone attacking them, succy dead, etc). end game pvp can be very frustrating because of shard farming issues, but hopefully that will be fixed next patch.

they can do alot of things for group pvp, but they need alot of support. very easy to top the killing blows chart as a warlock.

PvE, they are a very decent class. very good solo class, can take on huge amounts of the right type of mob at once. useful in groups/raids, with the right build very high damage, crowd control, healthstones, soulstone, etc. also very good for soloing elites. you are very vulnerable while grinding on a pvp server, one of the most easily ganked classes if a mob is on you. no real escape spells, spell interrupts, and cloth contribute to many deaths while grinding.

if all you care about is being powerful in pvp, roll a an UD shadowpriest or a tauren shaman. if you want a warlock for the "cool" factor - don't. it can be a very frustrating and difficult class.
if you still want to play a warlock, roll an orc. one of a warlocks biggest problems is getting ganked by rogues while grinding. 25% stun may save you, and alliance rogues will usually avoid orcs unless you are an easy kill.

*Queue screenshot of warlock with 5200 crit shadowbolt.
the chances of that happening are about 1 in 10000, and requires a fair bit of +dmg gear that lacks stamina. your chances of getting ganked at low health or triple teamed in AB are far greater... and just as sure death. i really don't see why people complain about it. it is getting taken away next patch anyway... :(

i must say though, getting a huge crit at the right time is great. usually it happens when it doesn't matter, but on those rare occasions when it actually happens at the right time is priceless.

couple weeks ago in AB a shaman came across me at 5% health. i was alone at the flag, so i figured i would try to delay him as long as possible and mybe leave a little dent in him. i seduced him, waited till the seduce duration was nearly up then soulfired him.
instant death, and he was at full health. i would have given anything at that time to hear his cries in raid chat :p

Karafias said:
couple weeks ago in AB a shaman came across me at 5% health. i was alone at the flag, so i figured i would try to delay him as long as possible and mybe leave a little dent in him. i seduced him, waited till the seduce duration was nearly up then soulfired him.
instant death, and he was at full health. i would have given anything at that time to hear his cries in raid chat :p

I did the same thing to a 60 rogue. Seduce, soulfire crit for 1800 and he ran. I was 56 I think. I DoTed him and he lost shortly thereafter.

Genocidal[v2] said:
The warlock is not a weak class at all, they definately take more skill then other classes though. The current high warlord on Arthas is a warlock.

well maybe i didnt see his full potential, cause i only played it to 25 :p

Back