WoW to creative support

schapman

Gawd
Just thought you might all like to see this (especially you creative supporters).

So my soundcard shorted out a few weeks back in the PCI slot. Didnt know if it was the board or the soundcard doing it but The pci slot as well as the PCI connector on the soundcard got a nice toasting. Got a replacement board from my retailer right away but was told I had to send the card to creative for their support (one thing about ncix, if you buy retail then after 30 days you have to deal w/ the manf for warranty stuff). I emailed creative support, went back and forth a few times (all very professional and nice). They ended up giving me an RMA number so a few days later I sent the card out. I sent it ground so it took bloody forever to get there (word of advice... canada post ground is ass slow.. pay the few bucks more for air). Anyways.. card arrived there on monday (the 14th), they processed the RMA and shipped a replacement on Tues (the 15th), and as of today (the 16th), my card is back in canada and should be at my house today.

Out of all the companies I've had to deal with, creative has probably been one of the best for hardware support to date (we won't talk about any of the driver issues ;) .

Just thought you all might want to know this if you're wondering about creative and their warranty/hardware support quality.

i've had really good experience with gainward and abit

because i'm in the bay area, they said:

if you just wanna come down, i got another one here, i'll swap you for a brand new one

so i go there, ask for the guy i was talking to: they ask, are you brian?

i say yes, they say here you go, see you later

Back