WOW shamans reaction to mages getting imp. hero/bloodlust

Lots of people stand on the shoulders of trail blazers, then say the game is too easy. Where you the first guild to down the Lich King on your server? Feh! Yes, its not difficult to gear up, that just means you have to 'grind' a bit, and there's no excuse for not having a 5100 gear score before you attempt to enter ICC. That being said, I've seen players with significantly less gear score outperform better geared players.

There's lots of factors that make the instances challenging. I'll give you an example:

I play Alliance on Anub'Arak. PVP server, we are outnumbered by Horde at LEAST 4 to 1. Winning Wintergrasp is a feat of pure intestinal fortitude (and quite frankly, not worth the effort IMO).

Slim pickins on our server for good players. Of the top three Alliance Raiding guilds, we were hard pressed to come into number three, and we were on track to overtake both of them. All this we did being extremely melee heavy, we often were hard pressed for healers and occasionally tanks. It was shit tons of DK's and Warriors and Ret Palllies (/facepalm)

Anyhow, while it took us a little longer to figure out how to do things in certain situations not having the right personel in some bosses, we molded our noobs into a pretty good fighting force. Unfortunately, as the shit hits the fan, the top two guilds who kept trying to steal our players and wound up taking our trash wound up breaking up and transferring to another server....leaving the traitors who left us sitting on their hands :D

Now, I've been a Shaman from day one of BC (transferred to this shit server, and now I run the best Alliance guild on it). I am so short ranged DPS I have a hard time filling out the bare MINIMUM to get Festergut down without puking going on in the melee crowd. We manage. But there are days when I would like to run another toon, or if we are a short a tank one night I can switch to my DK and not call the night. In lower pop servers (and one that just got significantly worse with the breakup of some of the other guilds and transfer of players) some of these changes are welcome IMO.

First thing that needs to be done IMO, is offer more free transfers of higher faction balanced servers to lower ones.

Absence of that, some of the generics may very well be a welcome change. Do you know how incredibly frustrating it is to run 25 Man ICC for 10 weeks needing one stupid drop that is so rare you just want to quit? We sure do. I finally got my 265 Shield and Belt last night and I was the only Shaman in the guild for a long time (I've since added an Enhance and a Resto Enhance transfer).

So what if Mages get Heroism?. Good! Firstly, unless their surviveability increases, I'm still usually the last man standing in a wipe. Unless they blow it early for initial burst dps, there's still a risk that mage will die before being able to pop it. Second, alot of times, my ability to self heal allows me to quarterback some of the encounters, or take care of certain aspects of the encounter to free up the others to stand and spam dps (managing the floating ice in Anub'Arak heroic TOGC, or the Kinetic Bombs of the blood council). I can still get top 5 dps and damage, sometimes number one when I do not have to do these things....but the versitilty of the class is being put to good use, although the stunlock factor in PVP still blows. In the event some of these things can be taken off my hands, I would welcome it. It gets incredibly frustrating trying to fill spots with specific needs if the guy is late, cought in traffic or wants to go out that night with some buddies. A certain amount of generic feel, absence of server re-balancing would make organizing raids a bit less frustrating...

Back